Maria Butina plea hearing set for Thursday, her spy boss Torshin missing, Putin unhappy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/putin-butina.html

8 Likes

I still feel like there’s no way she’s doing this without Putin’s approval. Right? If I were in her shoes the thought of polonium poisoning would be in the back of my mind at all times…

Not that Putin wouldn’t still threaten and or murder her family, or that her handler isn’t also dead, anyway, mainly because murderous criminal tyrants gonna murder criminal tyrant…

3 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

11 Likes

Velcome to boing boing, totally non-suspicious new comrade!

44 Likes

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

11 Likes

Putin called, you’ve been fired. Turn in your secret decoder ring and hit the bricks.

32 Likes

29 Likes

You seem to be working from an outdated script.
Please contact your supervisor to obtain the current revision and discuss further deployment.

34 Likes

discuss further [de]employment.

FIFY

10 Likes

When I was a kid during the Reagan administration I never would have dreamed that one day the Republican party would be actively defending the idea of Russian agents working a covert influence campaign to undermine the outcome of American elections.

45 Likes

Welcome! Please enjoy your time here!

19 Likes

30 Likes

“The 80’s called. They want their foreign policy back.“

Yeah; no one’s advocating glasnost here. Though we do think Trump should tear down that wall if he ever gets around to building it.

Wow - such a ham handed introduction. Karla will be so pisssed.

19 Likes

I think you mean:

d340d b8be9 57631 cbb23 8fb4e 4e101 55000 0000 0000

8 Likes

Well, this will disappear soon alas but all of these things can be simultaneously true. (This is not me saying one way or another that what you say is true because that information is relatively unimportant to me. Just me saying that what you said doesn’t contradict my pet theory.)

2 Likes

If her fear was a factor, then I’d bet that she’d feel safer under US protection (in jail or witness protection) than back in Russia (where Putin would have complete power over her…and off her with absolute impunity… just in case).

1 Like

Comrade says… tanks a lot!!

6 Likes

just one big mac car theatre ticket rider here

13 Likes

Blood diamonds are really hard to get through the eye of a needle.

16 Likes