Maria Butina plea hearing set for Thursday, her spy boss Torshin missing, Putin unhappy

“It’s our own people. It’s a bunch of fucking Russians.”

There’s also no Russian “gun’s rights” movement.
Gosh, it’s almost as if the whole thing was merely a very poorly disguised means of infiltrating American conservative political groups with no resistance.

24 Likes

I’m sure Putin is super unhappy now that the whole world will know he has the power to influence who is president of the United States. It doesn’t matter if Butina is a legit agent or just a nobody with an unhealthy desire for attention, the whole affair makes the US look weak and malleable and Russia look powerful. Putin must be devastated.

7 Likes

I do love how that one short post covered all talking points at once. An efficient little bot, though it did manage to derail discussion, making the bot a neat little side topic.

I personally am still not convinced that she’s really going to spill the beans without permission. I still think she has been granted permission.

6 Likes

Channel 4 News (UK) covered this last night - it’s a pretty good primer into the whole case and weird as fuck:

1 Like

het-trolls-2018

3 Likes

Putin would have people believe that nobody he knows is familiar with Aleksandr Torshin, the deputy governor of the Central Bank of Russia and Butina’s well-known handler.

WPWJE

(What Popcorn Would Jesus Eat)

1 Like

How do you avoid moral constipation, dear boy?

1 Like

Had a thought. This could possibly be 3D chess, in that Putin may be OK with Butina explaining just how thoroughly Russia fucked the US electoral system and continues to do so on the grounds that this will absolutely, completely destroy public confidence in the ability of the government to keep us safe, or to guard even itself against “the omnipresent Russian threat.” US undermined domestically and abroad, international reputation and influence destroyed, prime geopolitical rival emasculated. If, in fact, he has thought this many steps ahead, I have to admit, I am impressed. Of course, if he counted on Trump actually winning the election, then I lose all that respect. He just got lucky.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.