Mark Rober's Rube-Goldberg squirrel feeder is the unicorn chaser you need right now

That absolutely was the unicorn chaser I needed; we sat on the edge of our seat and laughed for 20 minutes. Well timed and created!

Note to self: never piss off the squirrels.

14 Likes

And now 30 million Americans who really, really wanted to see some good squirrel launching action now despise his wife.

2 Likes

Sounds like their problem, then, not hers. I don’t see why being cruel for no reason is such a prized trait for some. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

What, no “breath of God” obstacle from Indiana Jones? Too easy.

5 Likes

Yeah, some of those obstacles weren’t much of an obstacle at all. Those angled boards the squirrels just landed on the top edge and the maze isn’t an obstacle at all, they’ll quickly learn it and that’s that.

Unfortunately, he didn’t have enough space for a really good obstacle course. Start out with a few obstacles, then add more as the squirrels learn the game. Make the squirrelpault a mandatory part of the course rather than a penalty.

3 Likes

Should’ve just put up a touchscreen for a Captcha.

4 Likes

The point was amusement, not meaness.

2 Likes

THANKS I HATE IT  

3 Likes

How to baffle a squirrel???

Hint: Use a baffle (clear plastic dish ) on verticle PVC pole. Squirrels cannot get around it.

1 Like

The lyrics to the jingle are Madison Avenue genius!

1 Like

if you watch his videos on the regular will see that this is sort of a theme. its only partially about why, but also how. and the science behind how.

screen grab with captions on:

4 Likes

God, stop being so sanctimonious… /s

And he managed to do that, too. I found it pretty amusing and was glad to see he made sure it wasn’t unnecessarily cruel. But apparently, that made 30 million people hate his wife… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s got a bit of a country western twang there; “Mah wife done left me, mah dog done died, and Ah wonder what’s inside yer butthole”. I can hear Willie Nelson singing it.

3 Likes

I’m really not sure why people enjoy building devices that harm squirrels so much.

I have got one of those on a bird feeder. It took them less than a week to get round it.
WD-40 slows them down.

1 Like

I tried this but they wipe the oil with their boddies little by little and within a few hours the pole is no longer slick and they can climb it.

I agree, that jerk both fat shamed and missgenderd Gus. Other than that, the rest was hilarious and delightful.

I didn’t see anything in that obstacle course that was mean (maybe the catapult but they avoided that pretty well anyway), and if the point is entertainment then of course he should change the obstacles they master quickly. Hey, they’re getting WALNUTS as a reward-- pretty cushy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.