Marvel retroactively changes Wolverine's creators, 50 years after character's debut

Maybe he felt a sudden need to pad his retirement income with royalties in his aging years?

2 Likes

badgers!

5 Likes

we don’t need no stinkin’ badgers!

9 Likes

kurt russell call me snake GIF

4 Likes

Also see:

The_Badger_issue_25

3 Likes

"no ducks for you, HunterMan. For i am Badger!

2 Likes

also…
Jesse PinkMan had his sidekick Badger.
js.

2 Likes

I thought Wolverine was created in the covert Weapon X program, but it has been a while since I read that book.

4 Likes

stk695731

3 Likes

2 Likes

So he Jonah Jameson’d his way into the credits. And we all know exactly how much respect J.J. commands in the Spiderverse.

He probably doesn’t even care about his legacy, it’s likely 99% about the royalties.

1 Like

Perhaps I know too much about all this. : ) But it seems remiss not to acknowledge Dave Cockrum, who took over the X-Men and reenvisioned it by adding a bunch of new characters and costume changes to the team. Wolverine had appeared elsewhere before this, but this was really where the character was introduced and invested in enough to become interesting. And then expand from there.

Non-registration link for above:
https://archive.ph/elLdE

3 Likes

I keep reading the headline as “Marvel radioactively changes Wolverine’s creators”.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.