Maryland State Police troopers made a vagina challenge coin in retaliation against complaints about racism

Originally published at: Maryland State Police troopers made a vagina challenge coin in retaliation against complaints about racism | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Reminds me a little of the other recent example of irrational retaliation.

Is there a Toxic Masculinity bucket BBS topic?

9 Likes

I spent 4 years in the 90s living in DC. Maryland troopers were notoriously racist and incompetent - to the point of, IIRC, several federal investigations. I guess some things don’t change…

12 Likes

Almost bought a house in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay that is until all the confederate battle flags kept popping out. Parts of Md are still fighting the Civil War in their heads. Many Md cops mirror that culture and all the ugly parts that go along with it.

Vulgar challenge coins from them is not surprising.

12 Likes

Yet another Rotten Barrel, IOW.

10 Likes

If you needed any reminder which side of the Mason-Dixon line Maryland was on…
A lotta “heritage” in that state.

11 Likes

If anyone wants the actual link to the original story – for some reason absent in the BB snippet:

7 Likes

Over-inflated children with guns, assault vehicles and qualified immunity. Who protects us from the protectors?

6 Likes

Stay classy. :confused:

7 Likes

As a woman I am terrified of ever needing these “law” enforcers that are above the law.

9 Likes

I’m in Maryland suburbs of DC. A South Asian friend would always take longer than me to drive the same distance. I assumed she was just a slow driver, mentioned it at one point. She said that she’d love to drive at my speed, but any time she drives at the speed of routine fast traffic, she gets pulled over for driving a nice car while brown.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Indeed.

ACAS

2 Likes

My main quibble is that snowflakes are unique, which these idiots are not, unfortunately. They are not special, they are simply like apples: easily bruised, and highly infectious in their form of corruption. They need to be separated out and isolated, although in many cases the entire bushel is already rotten, and unfit.

In fact, the whole unfitness, of being wormy and rotten under the macho wax coating they wear is all too fitting a metaphor. They work overtime to present themselves at tough, when they crumble at the merest touch.

4 Likes

All good points :+1: ACABA

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.