Mask- and vax-hating GOP state senator gets Covid and takes a hospital bed

…and sell your soul (if any, they’re rethugs after all) to th’ debbil.

2 Likes

Newman.

4 Likes

and now, one of the truly evil: the governor of texas…

In a statement, the office of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced this evening that Abbott has tested positive for COVID-19. Abbott, who was previously vaccinated, is said to be “currently experiencing no symptoms” is allegedly “receiving Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment,” an expensive treatment that is in such short supply…

dear $@#n GQPers, if you kill off all the folks who you’ve convinced not to wear a mask and can’t afford the monoclonal antibody treatment who will caddy your golf games and tutor your screwed up children? -sigh-

12 Likes

There’s something really fundamental here about American culture. Americans seem to be unique in the way they interpret the words “freedom” and “right”.

Americans (and forgive my broad brush here) don’t seem to see that every single thing a society does is a balance of different rights. One person’s right to smoke is weighed against another’s right not to be exposed to second hand smoke. All free societies are a series of choices to try and maximize the most rights for the most people most of the time. A group of peoples’ combined right to live is much more important than another person’s right to stab people in that group at random. That’s obvious. But then (some) Americans completely fail to apply that weighing of rights to anything beyond “10 commandments” level choices. Everything beyond that, the calculus is only “my rights are always more important than yours”. When everyone believes that, well, you get the chaos we have now.

21 Likes

This.

In the US the issue stems from certain media sources who realized selling paranoia is a good business model. And so we have a whole section of society who oppose national health care, despite the fact that it would improve their lives immensely, because they are told any new law is “the first step towards communism.” To them refusing to wear a mask is really “resisting the One World Government” a.k.a. “freedom.” They don’t realize just how much the government actually benefits them on a daily basis-- safe food and drugs, paved roads, building standards, etc.

12 Likes

The Republican establishment has been sold on the idea of interpreting “freedom” the way a 2-year-old would interpret it when throwing a tantrum about not wearing pants in public.

14 Likes

Killing off your own supporters seems like a fantastic strategy ahead of the 2022 midterms and the 2024 presidential elections, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

They’re so confident in their rigged laws and districts now that they won’t need actual voters anymore.

9 Likes

If your IQ test comes back negative, the Repugnantcant Party will be in touch.

3 Likes

The big problem is that any changes to policy language (i.e. the governing contract) have to pass the muster of each state’s Department of Insurance.

Can you imagine Texas, Tennessee, or Florida approving policy language that says coverage is denied if someone chooses not to be vaccinated? Not gonna happen unfortunately.

4 Likes

From the linked article:

…Sen. Alberta Darling and Rep. Jeremy Thiesfeldt, Republican leaders of two education committees that held a joint hearing [during which Jacque testified], did not respond to questions about whether they were made aware of the possible exposure at the Aug. 11 hearing and whether attendees were subsequently notified.

Sen. LaTonya Johnson, a Democratic member of the Senate education committee, said Monday she was not notified through official channels of the possible exposure. Fellow committee member Sen. Chris Larson, D-Milwaukee, said he learned through the grapevine on Friday that Jacque had tested positive but had not been notified by committee leaders, either…

Assembly Education Committee member Rep. Sondy Pope, D-Cross Plains, said Thiesfeldt said he did not plan to notify attendees because Jacque had not known he was infected at the time of the hearing
[emphasis mine]
__
WTF does that have to do with anything?
No need to refer to any politician with a ‘R’ by their name as anything other than a fascist death cultitist. Probably ought to throw ‘homicidal’ in there somewhere, as well.
The few that aren’t you could probably count without removing your shoes…

That’s not ‘playing coy’. That’s outright gaslighting.
Here’s hoping for his recovery.
A long, slow, painful one.
I seem to have neglected to modify the word ‘recovery’ with the word ‘full’…

Shame on me.

7 Likes

Probably viral “pneumonia”.

The good news about the covid penis thing is that while I have a hard time wishing death on these people, I have no issue with wishing ED on them.

2 Likes

Petition to rename COVID 19 “limp penis disease” so all these antimaskers and antivaxers have to announce they have limp penis disease.

4 Likes

Remember: evil makes you stupid!

Yeah. Only rights and freedoms, never responsibilities or obligations to your fellow humans. :frowning:

6 Likes

No, I think they know it. They just value their own rights more than others’. It’s pure selfishness.

8 Likes

Going to be like the various causes of death people used rather than “AIDS related” to hide from puiblic scrutiny and possible scorn.

The unvaxxed and deniers tend to refuse to beleive it is real even as they lay dying from it.

I’d bet there have even been lawsuits already arguing over how the cause of death is to be listed. “He didn’t die of COVID! That’s a lie and you just want to say that to get more money!”

As something of a social Darwinist, I’d be fine with these people dying this way since it was their free choice but a plague does not limit itself to the stupid (If only…).

Sheeesh, you ain’t kiddin’ and there’s no end in sight:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-shot-6-times-waits-1-week-for-surgery-at-hospital-overwhelmed-by-covid/ar-AANjMA9

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/a-stage-3-cancer-patients-vital-surgery-was-canceled-because-there-were-no-available-hospital-beds-due-to-the-covid-surge-i-have-a-bomb-in-my-neck-and-untreated-it-will-kill-me/ar-AANfJ6w

but hey:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/18/health/delay-medical-care-pandemic-wellness/index.html

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.