Mask- and vax-hating GOP state senator gets Covid and takes a hospital bed

Originally published at: Mask- and vax-hating GOP state senator gets Covid and takes a hospital bed | Boing Boing

9 Likes

It seems to me that at the very least, insurance companies should be saying that they won’t cover treatment for covid for the willfully unvaccinated. It is bad enough that these people are taking hospital beds but we are paying for it through higher insurance premiums as well. If the law prevents them from doing so right now, it perhaps should be changed.

46 Likes

With 95% of hospitalizations and 99% of deaths being among the unvaxxed, it pretty much goes without saying. They are tying up a huge number of beds that would be available if only they had the sense God gave a goose. They are using resources while abusing the nursing and medical staff. They are a public threat.

54 Likes

“pneumonia,” right.

22 Likes

Totally normal for a 41-year-old man who has no known autoimmune issues to contract pneumonia in the middle of August.

42 Likes

Jaque lied outright rather than admit the consequences of his own bad decisions.

34 Likes

If you’ve had pneumonia previously, you will be more prone to having it again. So it’s vitally important to get both flu and COVID vaccines.

What if doctors started talking about “their freedom not to be exposed to COVID” and stopped treating COVID patients?

tumblr_cf9c05a981fabb5260a1c846ac7f29fd_30e88041_540

63 Likes

A new apparent symptom of this variant:
loss of taste and resolution.

13 Likes

I don’t think the law prevents them from this, any more than it prevents them from denying coverage for others who engage in dangerous, high-risk behaviour. The insurers were more likely caught off-guard by this bizarre behaviour by millions of people in the midst of a public health crisis.

My guess is that they’ll start asking for proof of vaccination when a policy comes up for renewal by the end of the year, and denying coverage for treatment of Covid-related illness to anyone (like this raging arsehole) who doesn’t have a medically sound reason for not getting vaccinated.

11 Likes

The big question: do you have to fail an IQ test to run as a Republican candidate, or does the party do something to damage your brain after you’re elected?

Yes, I know you can’t actually “fail” an IQ test.

14 Likes

I don’t want this person to die. I want him to enjoy being intubated and on a ventilator for quite a long while.
Sometimes when a respiratory therapist is clumsy they will intubate the esophagus instead of the trachea.

6 Likes

Nah, just surrender any form of ethics and morals you might possess. That’ll do the trick.

15 Likes

I’m under the impression that they put most of the intubated patients in a medical coma. Is this not correct?

3 Likes

from the picture it looks like jacque has at least one co-morbidity that should have made him more cautious. and a new dad to boot. i guess these assholes only get the message between their second-to-last and last breath.

6 Likes

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

23 Likes

This sounds good, but I’m sure that if it became policy, it would be enforced most aggressively against poor and marginalized people.

12 Likes

An absolute case of “maga variant”!

12 Likes

Poor and marginalized people don’t HAVE insurance.

7 Likes

If anybody gets so much as a hangnail and needs hospitalization, that should bump this willfully-ignorant jackass from his bed.

Or maybe that’s a perfect time to apply good old fashioned PE-owned-healthcare-company-style market principles, and extract maximum, punitive monetary concessions from him?

3 Likes

I don’t have private health insurance but I remember that we used to have “community pricing”, they weren’t allowed charge more by age or things like that. They got rid of it years ago to “encourage competition”, so prices of course sky rocketed, and there’s no way we could afford it now. I think. But I’m sure it doesn’t exist in America so why are they now charging for the unvaccinated? Is it that their pricing system is punitive, racist, and political from the outset rather than based on actuarial calculations?

Sounds like an avenue for a class action suit to me…

3 Likes