Massive LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse

[Read the post]

1 Like

Oh man! I’m getting this for my brother and nieces! sees Amazon price of $350 Oh man! I’m getting this for myself! Maybe!

7 Likes

Ecto-1 sold separately

6 Likes

My son is saving his money for this thing. He already has the Ecto-1. And when go on our trip to NY, we are making a special trip to stare at the outside of the Ghostbusters firehouse, which I suspect will be somewhat disappointing for all of us. But what can you do?

2 Likes

Very nice but does the pole still work?

2 Likes

Everybody has 3 mortgages nowadays

3 Likes

I prefer the big, shiny, red, imposing containment unit from the animated series. But I guess since it’s Lego, there’s nothing preventing one from just going ahead and adding it – save for the daunting prospect of deviating from the instructions.

3 Likes

It appears there’s no Walter Peck figure, which is kind of disappointing. I know he’s supposed to be a bad guy–something of a recurring role for Atherton, especially in the '80’s–but I kind of liked him.

And I thought the EPA really did have good reasons to be concerned about what the Ghostbusters had in their basement.

6 Likes

I have the Ecto-1 set. It. Is. Awesome.

I also have the Delorian from BTTF. It is even more awesome.

1 Like

It won’t be disappointing. Or at least, I wasn’t disappointed when I went to find it.

1 Like

That’s what she said.

(Sorry, I had to.)

Pics?

4 Likes

Not mine, but:

3 Likes

Do want.

1 Like

It comes with:

• 2 license plates (the “outatime” California plate and the holographic barcode future plate)
  • Wheels that fold up for flight mode
  • Clear blocks to display it “wheels up” in flight mode
  • A “Mr. Fusion” to add to the back
  • A full time readout panel in the dash
  • Actual Gull wing doors that open
  • Marty and Doc minifigs
  • A pink skateboard

Worth every penny.

2 Likes

[spoiler]This shit FUCKEN SUCKS! It’s like two feet tall–NOWHERE NEAR REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MOVIE! Was Venkman a nano-human? Were all the actors one and a half inches tall??? NO THEY WERE NOT. RACISM!!

Did the floors and stairs in the movie have all those bumps all over? How about the ceiling?!? NO BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE COMMUNISM!!

Yeah they might’ve gotten the wall colors kinda close, but the second floor was Pantone 128C and NOT WHATEVER THAT BULLSHIT IS! KILL THE DESIGNER!

And is the pole IN THE MOVIE located way over to the side of the building??? NO IT IS NOT!!! HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS IS RIGHT OR GOOD?!? IT’S UTTER CHAOS!

And were the people in the movie made of PLASTIC? NO THEY WERE NOT!! THEY WERE HUMAN AND THIS LEGO THING IS A DISGRACE! PEOPLE HAVE INSIDES AND MINIFIGS DO NOT!!! END OF DAYS!!!

BOYCOTT LEGOS AND FIREHOUSES AND BUMPY FLOORS AND ALL THAT SHIT!!!

…and never ever ever forget, little childrens, that the wimmins are at the heart of it all!!!
[/spoiler]

7 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks!

You forgot the part about wimmins…

2 Likes

In my (heady, halcyon) lego-ing days, I mined my mind to build vast vehicular monstrosities with my motley mishmash of passed-off pieces. Reading this thread, however, represents a dangerous confluence of available income, wall space, and definite interest, especially in that Ecto-1 build.

*sits back, thunderstruck…

Wait, wait. I own a whole house. And I really only use two rooms…

4 Likes

Yes. Skip ahead to 32:22.

2 Likes