Max Headroom had a Christmas song and special and they're both weird as hell

Originally published at: Max Headroom had a Christmas song and special and they're both weird as hell | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I have a Max Headroom ornament on our Xmas tree. Pretty cool, I know.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 11.36.03 AM

15 Likes

Gat dang, I want that scarf!

6 Likes

Damned, that’s some memory lane material right there. But of course I had to google how they were able to generate those graphics back in the old days (turns out Max Headroom was an actor in prosthetics and a fiberglass suit).

Anyhow that led me to this: Max Headroom signal hijacking.
Which in turn led me to this: Captain Midnight broadcast signal intrusion

And then I had to go and spend an hour reading about how TV satellites actually work and well there went half my day.

13 Likes

I watched Max Headroom - Twenty Minutes Into the Future recently on youtube. It’s still very watchable and it doesn’t take much imagination to see how mind-blowing it was in the context of of 1985 Britain.

9 Likes

That was enjoyable. I always felt there was some influence from the techniques used for Max Headroom on the music video for Primus’ “Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver”.

7 Likes

I had a book that was “written by” Max Headroom. It was actually written by a Mr Neil Gaiman.

Can’t wait to watch these with my honey!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.