Maybe put off going to another continent for vacation - it may be coming to you

Originally published at: Maybe put off going to another continent for vacation – it may be coming to you | Boing Boing

If this is all going to happen anyway in 250M years, I guess we can just stop worrying about climate change. /s

7 Likes

Only 250my? Well, hell, cancel my appointments! (/s)

7 Likes

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

14 Likes

The tingly music right off tells me I would get just as good guess from Fox News. I think the only thing real about Real Science is in the domain name. As for the article, any of ou can make just as accurate speculations as Alexander Farnsworth and his colleagues.

1 Like

Planet of the Tardigrades.

In the year 4545
You ain’t gonna need your teeth, won’t need your eyes
You won’t find a thing to chew
Nobody’s gonna look at you
In the year 5555
Your arms hangin’ limp at your sides
Your legs got nothin’ to do
Some machine’s doin’ that for you

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake His mighty head
He’ll either say I’m pleased where man has been
Or tear it down, and start again

Now it’s been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man’s reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it’s only yesterday

3 Likes

Tired: Climate Change

Wired: Continental Drift

2 Likes

Gotcha, libs! We told you it wasn’t man made!

Pangaea Ultima? What a laughably absurd name. As though Pangaea drifted into our current continental configuration, will drift back together in a new landmass, and then stay like that forever rather than cycle between states.

The end of your research isn’t the end of everything, silly human scientists.

If you look for the wikipedia article on “pangea ultima,” it redirects to “pangea proxima.” So it seems the later is the preferred name, but it’s not as cool.

3 Likes

I’m drifting right now!

5 Likes

250 million years, why I’ll barely be through with my warframe body or floating animated sweater body, I’ll have to move into a vacuum spider body -already-? But hey, I’ll be able to sell the house for a pretty penny huh?

2 Likes

In addition to the increased ease of travel, just think how much vacation time you can accumulate in 250 million years! Definitely worth putting things off so that you can enjoy a really good, long holiday in the sun-kissed resorts of Pangaea Ultima!

2 Likes

In the year one million and a half
Humankind is enslaved by giraffe…

IMG_0173

3 Likes

Whoa slow down there, I’m still stuck on the opening lines!

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive

3 Likes
1 Like

Is there some reason that no mammals could adapt to higher temperatures even in 250 million years – longer than they have been mammals – or are they only considering present species? Because the article mentions humans, which is kind of nonsense. I would like to think we might have descendants, but the only way they’d be Homo is if they took a time machine to get there.

1 Like

Or a new species could just evolve to function within a hotter planet…

Or maybe they predate us?
marriage will GIF

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.