McGruff the Crime Dog busted for pot and weapons

[Permalink]

1 Like

When you get the munchies … take a bite out of crime.

I found this particularly interesting:

Morales was arrested in 2011 after Galveston, Texas, police and drug-sniffing dogs — real dogs, that is — stopped him for speeding, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Kusin, who later prosecuted the case.

The drug-sniffing dogs stopped him for speeding? I’m impressed!

But in all seriousness, talk about your dream arrest - pulled over for speeding, and he’s got the plans for his grow ops right there in the car! And an “abundance of marijuana seeds” to boot!

1 Like

16 years? That 112 in dog years.

6 Likes

This may be one of those cases where the guy was illegally wiretapped, so they had to make up a cover story as to why they pulled him over at exactly the right time so they didn’t have to blow their case on the evidence that would be thrown out of court. Now the cops just look lucky.

Oh, and of course it happened to be the unit that had the drug dog, otherwise the cops wouldn’t have probable cause to search his car.

5 Likes

In this case snitches really are bitches.

1 Like

The sniffer dogs must have thought they smelled melanin…

Edit Jandrese, sorry not an actual reply too your comment. Typo’s.

Why does it matter how many firearms he owns? He is American (presumably) and initialized to self protection. He may be a member of the NRA. I don’t know, I’m not a NRA member. Although, I thought American’s are allowed tanks, howitzers, 88 flak guns and the sort as a constitutional right. So why mention his arsenal. Seems like muck throwing. If he had any weapons on him at the time of arrest it would of been mentioned.

He was hired through the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi. 6,500 employees world wide, (not including contacted workers) 145 offices. They can’t be blamed for hiring him. Any libel slandering of the agency will be referred too their lawyers Shyster, FlyWheel and Shyster.

The funniest part of the debacle is the irony.

I don’t think you can really say someone took a bite out of crime if they weren’t courteous enough to share it with anyone else.

Geez, you can’t put McGruff into the general population, can you? Somebody’s gonna make his name by sharpened toothbrush-shanking the crime dog otherwise.

Not to get all pedantic but a 37mm Flare Launcher is a novelty device often fashioned to look like a 40mm grenade launcher. It’s not a grenade launcher, and anyone who goes through the trouble to fashion explosive projectiles for it is so far off the reservation when it comes to breaking the law that the mere act of owning a trigger-actuated tube is probably the least of their crimes.

I hate to be that guy but the hyperbole-driven sensationalism around this stuff drives me nuts. It’s like how every once in a while an inert single-use tube (sometimes prominently marked TRAINER) gets sold at a gun “buy back” and all the news outlets gush about how the police have taken an anti-tank missile launcher off the streets, because factual information takes a back seat to confirmation bias about things that we think are scary.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.