Meet the "werewolf mouse" who hunts scorpions and deadly centipedes and howls at the moon

I find it odd that Howard Dean’s cry was considered noteworthy. It sounds like your typical Cowboy “Ye-haw” to me.

4 Likes

That ‘howl’ sounds just like the whistle made as the steam escapes from my whistling kettle.

3 Likes

Beware the WEREKETTLE!!!

7 Likes

OMG!! You were right! And now, I’M WHISTLING TOO!
Beware the full moon and whistling kettles!

4 Likes

It annoys me to no end that so often one has to ask the question “is that a set”? With everything lit up perfectly, the shot from inside the den, the perfect composition with the mouse howling and the full moon above it all seems too perfect. Especially with Natgeo and Disney; they’re notorious for using sound stages for their work.

4 Likes

Next you’ll be saying that lemmings don’t commit mass-suicide. /s

6 Likes

That mouse was such an effective killer, I wonder if they haven’t been encouraged to live closer to humans. They kill other mice, too! I once turned down a job that required relo to Phoenix because of the critter factor. A yard patrolled by a werewolf/grasshopper mouse could’ve made me reconsider. :mouse:

3 Likes

Just last night I was reading an essay by F. Scott Fitzgerald on insomnia. He begins by telling of an acquaintance who was sleeping on a narrow bed with his hand hanging off to the floor, and twice awoke feeling pinpricks to his finger. The second time, he found a mouse biting his finger and it freaked him out enough that he had trouble sleeping for years. While reading this, I thought it odd that a mouse would bite a finger, but perhaps it was a grasshopper mouse?

3 Likes

Rats and mice are known for biting sleepers - especially if the smell of a familiar food lingers on the person’s skin - but far more common is that they’ll climb on sleepers, with their sharp little claws causing the impression that they’re biting. (I rather suspect that, given the powerful jaws of rodents, being bitten by a mouse would be far more than a “pinprick,” unless it was the most gentle exploratory nibble, but that would be an accurate description of being clawed by one.)

3 Likes

That’s what you think. In reality, you just have a serious grasshopper mouse infestation that is just angry at your kettle for some reason.

4 Likes

3 Werewolf Mouse Moon shirt needed, pronto.

6 Likes

Indubitably!

3 Likes

That’s an awesome fucking mouse!

1 Like

Werewolf mouse?..

There! There wolf mouse!

7 Likes

7 Likes

I thought that was the word for something that appears far-left when viewed from the far-right, because - even though it is conservative at heart - it demonstrated a modicum of decency.

4 Likes

marty feldman

4 Likes

It wasn’t. They needed something, and that was all they had.

1 Like

Every election cycle.

1 Like

I’m afraid wild rodents in the Southwest probably kill more people than any of the critters you were worried about combined:

3 Likes