Watch: Mouse was caught secretly tidying up a man's shed every night

Originally published at: Watch: Mouse was caught secretly tidying up a man's shed every night - Boing Boing

4 Likes

How cute.

9 Likes

A mouse? Pshaw! It was probably gnomes and faeries!

He should try leaving out some shoes to be mended.

15 Likes

You want the hantavirus? Because this is how you get the hantavirus.

This is in Wales, which as far as i know is not where Hantavirus is endemic (i looked it up an its usually in Latin America and southern US). That’s not to say that he shouldn’t be cautious of other potential health issues from having a wild rodent in his shed. He could humanely relocate the mouse to a safe place

6 Likes

But then how would his shed get tidy?

13 Likes

He could hire the mouse to swing by once a week :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Payment in cheese?

5 Likes

Well, he’s only gone and blabbed about it to a national newspaper!

We know from tons of folklore that helpful house spirits (such as brownies, kobolds, korpokkur or heinzelmännchen) will gladly do your work for you over night, but will disappear or take revenge if you try to observe them in their work.

I agree with @RickMycroft that this is clearly a supernatural creature that has only taken the form of a mouse for the sake of the camera. You can tell by the fact that the (adorable) mouse spends a lot of time on two legs.

11 Likes

Mouse Knolling? Cool! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hell, i’d swing by for payment in cheese :thinking: :eyes:

2 Likes

Tom And Jerry Eating GIF

3 Likes

If ever a post required the “Delightful Creatures” tag, this is it.

7 Likes

And stop them from getting in in the first place.

1 Like

It’s a shed… not known for effectively keeping out anything smaller than a cat.

8 Likes

I’m sure that even the Fortress of Solitude has mice… probably Supermice, of course, but mice, nonetheless.

5 Likes

Getting rodents to do the housekeeping is a talent usually reserved for Disney princesses.

IMG_0871

10 Likes

i just wonder what the mouse’s motivation is. is it fun for it to put things in the tray? Does it feel safer to be less cluttered? i am not entirely sure it’s doing it because it was messy before.

Could I hire this mouse?

2 Likes

… Arctic sea mice

seals GIF

3 Likes