Meet the world's greatest horse photographer

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/15/meet-the-worlds-greatest-hor.html

4 Likes

Horses are awesome creatures. Kudos to those who can capture them with brilliant photography.

2 Likes

An image search for the photographer’s name yields a shitload of awesome pics.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be a horseshit-load of awesome pics?

:wink:

5 Likes

I knew it wasn’t going to be, but for just a moment as I clicked I was hoping the photographer was a horse.

13 Likes

The Houyhnhnm are not interested in photography other than for purely documentary purposes, as aesthetics often lead to vanity, an emotion alien to Houyhnhnm psychology.

5 Likes

I’m going to troll a little here and mention that I really don’t like horses. I find them aesthetically challenged with skinny legs, outsized barrel-like bodies and scary elongated heads. Psychologically, although they are huge and dangerous, many of them seem incredibly skittish and insecure. A terrible combination. They seem to be especially fragile with “shoot” being the main recommended medical intervention. They are eye-wateringly expensive to own and care for. Horse-sports mostly seem very dangerous and cruel. Dressage, while not dangerous, is unpardonable.

6 Likes

About the dangerousness of horses: Many humans interact with them without realizing that horses’ instincts are those of a prey animal, one that’s ready for any shape/shadow around them to suddenly manifest as an attacking mountain lion. I read one of Temple Grandin’s books on animal behavior, and it was illuminating (to me, anyway…) on this point of large animals sometimes reacting with the instincts of prey animals.

3 Likes

Interesting. That makes sense.

Who ever heard of a horse photographer? Their hooves wouldn’t crush the cameras?

Horses should really stick to the fine arts.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.