Melania Trump is selling her hat to raise cash

Originally published at: Melania Trump is selling her hat to raise cash | Boing Boing

9 Likes

but it’s not clear how much will be donated,

Actually, I know how much will be donated.

40 Likes

Money laundering - it’s not just for real estate any more!

22 Likes

It’s almost like they threw in the NFT and watercolor painting to make the hat sale seem less laundry-y by comparison.

19 Likes

Goddamn will these vultures never find new and exciting ways to grift the populace?

16 Likes

400 quatloos!

11 Likes

and an NFT, with a minimum bid of $250,000 in the form of the Solana shitcoin.

Ha. As if you needed any other evidence of this being a ridiculous scam.

It’s actually sort of brilliant in an evil sort of way. It’s several scams all rolled up, including a classic pump-and-dump, mixed in with the new tech flavor of scam, NFT’s.

21 Likes

Melania Trump is selling her *hat* to raise cash

Is “hat” code for something else? I don’t really want to know…

10 Likes

OH, her “Hat”. I misread that. And I thought it was something historical… like how she sold her “hat” to get married to a half-Billionaire real estate loser.

7 Likes

I wonder if she has any other laundry that would sell for more?

2 Likes

This sounds like the prelude to a divorce

4 Likes

Melania Trump is selling her hat to raise cash

Broadway musical comedy version of having certain entities buy 200,000 copies of your BS ghost-written book.

5 Likes

Why couldn’t Betty White have been President after Reagan? So many lost opportunities.

8 Likes

I’m not awfully interested in bidding on Melania’s hat. OTOH, I would gladly contribute to a campaign to watch her eat her hat.

4 Likes

I really don’t care, do u?

14 Likes

7 Likes

Seriously. What possibly would be the documentation for this? The only way we know how much was donated was “a Trump’s word.” That and five cents (almost) buys you a five-cent cigar.

But, why should she need this spending money? This reveals just how tightly DJT draws the domestic pursestrings at the homestead.

No. It’s still just a hat. She sold the other thing long ago.

3 Likes

Unless that cat shat in her hat I’m not going near that. Matter of fact, I’m still not going near that.

1 Like

Has she misunderstood what tipping your hat means?

Perhaps she is selling cash to raise her hat. Is it the same hat she will pass among the crowd while her present husband dances?

1 Like