Melania Trump doesn't "give a f*ck about Christmas" — but will hawk ornaments to make a buck

Originally published at: Melania Trump doesn't "give a f*ck about Christmas" — but will hawk ornaments to make a buck | Boing Boing

3 Likes

In fairness it is a kind of stupid and sexist tradition to expect the First Lady to work as an unpaid interior decorator for the White House every holiday season. But any sympathy I might normally have for her is tempered by the knowledge that she made a conscious decision to permanently entangle her life to a monster whose actions she continues to defend.

16 Likes

Oh boy…not only do I get a cheap crappy ornament (most likely made in China) but I also get a FREE digital ornament too!! Wowzers!

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 1.25.09 PM

4 Likes

Not an NFT? Disappointing.

12 Likes

Actually it is!!! They even use the word 'blockchain" on their website. That’s how you know it’s quality.

https://usamemorabilia.com/faq

12 Likes

Huh, then it is as shitty as I thought, carry on.

16 Likes

Looks like USA Memorabilia is nothing more than a shill site for Melania’s NFT operations so this is just another extension of her ongoing grift. It’s an interesting twist actually…in reality you’re buying her worthless NFT but getting a cheap, physical ornament along with it.

Though out of the public eye, Trump has since early this year placed significant attention on a business called USA Memorabilia, using her Twitter platform — she has a personal account with 2 million followers and an “official” office account with 124,000 followers — to promote NFTs created and sold by USA Memorabilia.

Of the 50 or so tweets Trump has posted since mid-February, almost half have been retweets of those posted by USA Memorabilia’s Twitter account, which has fewer than 500 followers, or her own tweets plugging the NFTs on the site.

“It’s weird,” says a former Trump adviser of the former first lady’s promotion of a for-profit business. “To be so blatant about making money from USA-themed collectibles.”

Two people familiar with Trump’s foray into NFTs say she has been advised of late by Marc Beckman, a longtime friend and the husband of fashion designer Alice Roi, who designed a handful of outfits for Trump during her tenure as first lady. Beckman has for many years run a marketing and branding agency but has recently pivoted to the world of cryptocurrencies and how to profit from the new era of tech-based collectibles. Beckman in 2021 released a book called “The Comprehensive Guide to NFTs, Digital Artwork, and Blockchain Technology.”

Several attempts to reach Beckman by CNN were not successful.

There is no outward identifiable link between USA Memorabilia and the former first lady, however the only two accounts the Twitter account follows are hers, and the majority of the items sold feature Melania Trump, or her husband. Multiple attempts by CNN to contact representatives for USA Memorabilia have gone unanswered.

7 Likes

tumblr_nrjgeijN3B1tjr426o1_250

8 Likes

Couldn’t she follow up on her earlier grift and sell NFTs of Christmas decorations?

Ah - ninjaed by MikeKStar above.

1 Like

If I had received the kind of astronomical payment it would take to not openly divorce that guy, I wouldn’t bother with this piddling shit, but I guess what else is she going to do with her days

4 Likes

If she did get paid to not officially jump ship, I hope she demanded cash in advance.

I wonder when the two last appeared in public together.

5 Likes

Totally on track for a member of the Trumps:

“I hate this shit but the rubes will pay money for it, so off we go!”

2 Likes

… in the world of cryptogrifting two years is an eternity and surely none of this is “new” anymore

4 Likes

I’m dreaming of a vampire’s Christmas…

May I suggest an alternative:

5 Likes

It’s a nice ornament. I say, go for it former FLOTUS.

At least you get something for value instead of a vague promise to MAGA for campaign donations that are diverted to pay for attorneys or other candidacies in quid pro quo exchanges.

“Be best”, I guess.

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Now do The Shining.

2 Likes