Melania Trump's 2019 Christmas Video but with more appropriate music

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/03/melania-trumps-2019-christma.html

4 Likes

My takeaway from this video (other than Kubrickian horror) was the “Be best” ornament. I was like, ha, that sure was a thing, wasn’t it? And I can’t decide whether the inclusion of that ornament was the White House’s wink-and-nod comedy callback to 2018, or if they are legitimately taking the position that “Be Best” is a real thing with actual policy backing and initiatives associated with it. If the latter, this is literally the first I’ve heard about it from any official organ since its inception.

15 Likes

The message I got from this was, “Have yourself a bleak, soulless, trapped in a loveless relationship Christmas!”; and that’s with the sound turned off.

23 Likes

She looks lonely. :cry:

But then again, maybe like she’s scheming. Hatching a plot. :smiling_imp:

She’s such a blank slate. I often hope she’ll bust out and spill the Evil Trump beans, but then, who the hell knows WHAT she’s thinking. Or feeling.

12 Likes

Ooo is it time for the annual silent scream for help? I see the hallway of blood has been downgraded to merely the mantle of blood but that might just be because she was too busy pinching all the white powder.

8 Likes

Xmas in the Fortress of Solitude.

15 Likes

“The way I sprinkle the synthetic snow onto the bough of this yule tree… This is how I shall sprinkle the sodium cyanide powder into your Ensure, Donald.”

12 Likes

More than a white Christmas, this is a white-power Christmas.

13 Likes

I think it “be best” with the Yakkity-sax music – it suits the clown-show theme that is this administration

7 Likes

Jadis … is that you?

3 Likes

Needs more elevator music…

99DA840E-A70A-4BE8-862A-5600556A3B40

9 Likes

Nothing says Christmas like Melania tRump, next year the tRump clan will be packing for a hasty departure…

4 Likes

I hear that “executive mansion” is a total dump. People are saying it.

8 Likes

I see what you did there with the Scrabble tiles, Melania.

5 Likes

At first I thought these were onions. “Bold move,” I said to myself. But no. I was mistaken.

“BE BEST” sure doesn’t count for much; in Scrabble or in life.

9 Likes

They do look like onions. What are they?

Weird how the bulbs and roots are exposed like that.

3 Likes

I expect they are escaping in the only way a plant knows how. As to what they are… Shrieking lilies? I don’t know. I’m not a plant kinda guy. But they feel like whatever they are, they are shrieking.

5 Likes

Yeah. I think everything in that video is shrieking. Internally. Especially Melania.

5 Likes

Paperwhites, which have been forced.

Didn’t realize until I typed this that perhaps it’s more than just seasonal decor… could it be a message?!

8 Likes

Not creepy enough. Imagine this soundtrack with CG of Ghouliani lurking in the background. Insurance policy indeed.

8 Likes