Not a creepy photo at all: 'Merry Christmas from President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/18/not-a-creepy-photo-at-all-merry-christmas-from-president-donald-j-trump-and-first-lady-melania-trump.html

7 Likes
51 Likes

Looks photoshopped

33 Likes

Anybody else getting a weird shining vibe?

61 Likes

Soon to be “ghosts” of White House past.

23 Likes

37 Likes

That, or they used forced perspective to make it look like Melania is within 20 feet of him.

35 Likes

Kind of odd that they’d choose to frame the shot in such a way that Harry Truman is almost as prominent as the current guy.

There may be some kind of commentary in there about Truman leaving office historically unpopular and in newfound financial trouble but at least Truman was able to recognize when it was time to quit.

21 Likes

Whenever I see them together, I keep hearing Donna Summer in my head - “She Works Hard For The Money”.

22 Likes

Looks like a drop shadow with the angle set at whatever default photoshop uses.

7 Likes

Best viewed with musical accompaniment:

9 Likes

Yes, I came here to post “Turmp has always been the caretaker”.

Here’s hoping he will shortly freeze to death in the White House hedge maze, never to be seen again, except that he will mysteriously appear in the background of a framed photo from 1955 with Nixon, Joseph McCarthy and Roy Cohn.

25 Likes

Whatever they did to make his teeth perfectly white seems to have eliminated the buttons on his shirt.

Edit: actually, it’s like they painted over the shirt. The whole thing looks 255,255,255 white. Maybe they botched a gut reduction.

16 Likes

I thought his hair was a lot whiter now… :thinking:

12 Likes

Certainly are a lot of strange artistic choices in this photo. Why shoot it from so far back that one can barely read the smiling faces of the Holy Couple? Why compose it so that a man (or rather, “man”) who is obsessed with huge is dwarfed by a doorway and a flight of stairs? The poses are priceless. She takes a “secretly I’m a paid assassin” stance while he slouches like a kid wishing his junior high photo session would be over with already. For a (would-be) authoritarian Trump could use some propaganda photography lessons from Kim and Vlad.

21 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s having any staffer testing positive for Covid to just start licking the huge doorframes and walls. My guess is Biden will get it very soon after moving in.

5 Likes

40 Likes

Heeeeeeeere’s Donny!

11 Likes

So, whaddya think about that White House photo? Pretty neat huh?

tenor(11)

21 Likes

Trump, who has been missing-in-action for the last 2 weeks… Found time to pose with Melanija for a shot of both of them… in tuxedos… O… Ka…yyyyy…

And all I can think of is that scene in Young Frankenstein where Gen Wilder and ‘the monster’ dance on a stage to ‘Puttin’ On The Ritz’! W1DE8iv

39 Likes