Video: Trump asks Melania to 'smile' during today's fascist photo op

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/02/video-trump-asks-melania-to.html

8 Likes

Call it a hunch but I think she’s still angry about being locked out of the bunker :rofl:

51 Likes

Sure it wasn’t “be best”?

10 Likes

I’d think she’d be interested in avoiding being Eva in the ongoing analogy.

19 Likes

And smiling would risk leading to a modern-day Marie-Antoinette outcome.

10 Likes

Somehow the woman who wore the “I don’t really care” jacket has a better sense of decorum than the president. Maybe I’m misreading the situation, but she seems to understand a smile isn’t the right ‘look’ at this moment.

23 Likes

And apropos of nothing relevant, I have seen a few of my posts recently appear with an ‘edited’ icon, when I have explicitly NOT edited it, merely posted it. Weird.

1 Like

Smiling on the inside, Botoxed on the outside . . .

12 Likes

IDK, she did flash a smile for a second, like “there you happy now” I think she just was annoyed or something like that.

2 Likes

I believe the term is PROFA.

11 Likes

They will just have to fix it in post.

Perfect!

22 Likes

Sunglasses. . .

That forced grimace-smile. . .

Is she doped up?

I know I would be in her position.

12 Likes

It’s her resting fascist face.

29 Likes

“I’ll be best.”

24 Likes

Given from where and whence she hails, she’s may be hoping she doesn’t have to flee to Russia to dodge Interpol like Mirjana Marković.

8 Likes

I would hope, that as someone who was born in Yugoslavia, she would be aware of what this kind of rhetoric can do to a country given what happened there in the 90s. But then again, she’s from Slovenia, and their experience of the war was a short 10 day scuffle that ended quickly with Slovenia out of Yugoslavia and none the worse off compared to Bosnia and Kosovo.

21 Likes

I still think she always looks like she can’t read the menu in a McDonald’s because she forgot her glasses.

25 Likes

Hey! She still exists! How about that. I’d almost forgotten about her. Guess it was time to bring her out of storage and dust her off for photos.

12 Likes

Ooh I might have to learn how to do a deep fake for this!

1 Like

Thanks. My first thought when I read this was to hear Otis in my head singing fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa.

2 Likes