Melania rejects Trump's hand once again with new maneuver

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/23/melania-rejects-trumps-hand.html

2 Likes

Man. You give your trophy wife a grand life in a gold-plated apartment and the moment you ask her to get ready to leave New York City and fly into a life of exile in a Dubai luxury suite she suddenly refuses to hold your hand.

17 Likes

When I read Trump and hair, I almost thought you meant his hair.

11 Likes

he did manage to get a little pat on the backside in, I noticed…

9 Likes

He’s really just a mess of bad body language and junk gestures. He looks like he overthinks shit like that…while apparently underthinking everything else.

19 Likes

It’s hard to blame her for being angry. As is the case for so many of her husband’s marks, his was not the ride she signed up for. I’ll bet she takes a lot of ribbing from the other trophy wives who still get to enjoy their empty lives.

11 Likes

I swear he’s a Raxicoricofallapitorian. We’re just waiting for him to unzip his suit.

10 Likes

I saw a tweet from some conservative right wing nut job that showed the King of SA greeting Trump at the base of Air Force One on the tarmac and bowing slightly to greet him vs an image of P.Obama bowing slightly to greet the King of SA in his palace/throne (whatever the exact location was). The caption of course was praising 45 as “THIS IS A PRESIDENT WHO PUTS AMERICA FIRST” and all that nonsense. Clearly they do not understand the difference in LOCATION.

This same video made me think of it too. off topic maybe? I dunno. felt relevant to me.

1 Like

"King of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud with the Trumps during a welcome ceremony at Murabba Palace. (Saudi Press Agency via European Pressphoto Agency)

The first lady is dressed for a formal dinner. The president is dressed for a business meeting. Their hands appear to be touching. But they are not clasped. They are looking in opposite directions". -WaPo

No love there.

7 Likes

Two thoughts, only slightly connected.

1. I don’t know if she’s really avoiding his hand or this is just a case of people seeing what they want to see while scrutinizing every frame of video of one of the most-recorded people on the planet. But it’s entertaining as hell.

2. I seriously can’t wait for the inevitable tell-all memoir Melania will probably publish six months after The Donald shuffles off his mortal coil. Part of me really hopes she’s already got an agent discreetly lined up.

9 Likes

It’s almost as if she doesn’t actually like him.

16 Likes

The other trophy wives whose husbands weren’t caught on tape bragging about molesting other women while they were home pregnant. One imagines there were some cold nights in Trump Tower after that.

10 Likes

I don’t like Trump, but this is too far-fetched. It just seems coincidence. It was windy at the top of those stairs. Quit it with the wishful thinking already.

3 Likes

While I think this is hilarious, I don’t think it is actually a case of her purposely avoiding his hand. I mean, they are just so small; grasping one of those tiny paws while moving would be like hitting a wamp-rat from a moving T-16…

18 Likes

Not windy enough.

Not windy enough…

14 Likes

That happened to me a lot in middle school. :cry:

13 Likes

Based on what he’s said before, I don’t think it’s her hand that he wants to grab…

6 Likes

AND i hope she’s taking copious notes.

1 Like

I thought this was a clip from Agents of SHIELD.

@knoxblox

“I am the scum,
And the hair,
Of an administration that is criminally vulgar,
I am the scum and hair,
Of nothing in particular.”

@Glaurung, you mean, she’s just like us?!

6 Likes

[quote=“pleppik, post:10, topic:101458, full:true”] I seriously can’t wait for the inevitable tell-all memoir Melania will probably publish six months after The Donald shuffles off his mortal coil. Part of me really hopes she’s already got an agent discreetly lined up.
[/quote]
I feel like he should have some clever legal way of preventing this, but maybe all prenuppy sorts of gag clauses would expire by then, and she may not have been roped into making any with the corporation? That would be nice.

1 Like