Melania rejects Trump's hand once again with new maneuver

it seems to be all over the conservo-sphere. lots of posts about “this is why i voted for him.”

it seems silly to me. bowing, wearing a head scarf, taking off your shoes - when that’s not your cultural practice - it’s only a thing if you make it into a thing. they’re tokens.

i guess maybe the point is americans shouldn’t have to conform. but, american men tend to wear black ties and suit coats at fancy restaurants, and conservatives don’t seem to complain about that… so maybe it’s people should all have to conform to white american male culture?

it’s odd how scared and uptight white men are.

13 Likes

Trump usually doesn’t pay for things he gets; unusual to not get something he paid for.

3 Likes

Just look at those prissy Saudi’s wearing dresses and towels on their heads…certainly not something any respectable Christian white man would wear!

1 Like

I’m guessing the only reason Trump is even trying to hold her hand is because he’s been so unsteady on his feet and/or to make sure the cameras capture him showing off his “property.” Given that she doesn’t want to be there, she’s already not feeling well disposed towards him, and neither of those reasons are going to make her any better disposed.
Also, images of “President Trump” continue to have an incredibly surreal quality. It’s like falling into a bad movie.

2 Likes

And as always, his tie is halfway down to his knees.

7 Likes

18 Likes

The 10 year timeline on the prenup has passed.

4 Likes

14 Likes

And being the class act that he is, he grabbed her ass instead as she walked down the stairs to make sure he couldn’t grab something else. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I dunno. I am a white male and I don’t feel like I am too uptight.

I think regardless of cultural specifics there is a simple method for showing respect. I never perceived that anything O did was a sign of weakness…he was being courteous and respectful to others. On the other hand everything I see 45 do seems to my eyes as childish and buffoonish.

4 Likes

I’m surprised he doesn’t let Melania walk down the stairs one step ahead of him so he looks taller.

5 Likes

But, hey, that is his White Male Privilege. :wink:

3 Likes

If she had any decency at all she’d give him a little kick.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I hate to point it out, but… if you watch the video carefully she does get a large lock of hair blown into her face the moment before she reaches up to move it. I bet this one was coincidence.

The first one, though - that swat was AWESOME

5 Likes

I’m guessing when you sign up to be the third wife of a “billionaire”, you make certain agreements with yourself about how much you expect to tolerate. I’m guessing his running for President wasn’t in the calculation but, with an autistic son to mind, she probably had to realize the best way out was through. I’m not sympathetic to her, exactly, but it must be a hell of a dynamic at work there.

5 Likes

Yeah, duh. . . we should really be blaming anyone but ourselves for our problems.

I blame fluoridation.

3 Likes

Trump is a loathesome toad, but this is a stretch. He brushed up against her left hand, and then she moved hair out of her face with her right hand. Is there another spot in this riveting footage where she actually rebuffed him?

2 Likes

It is the great state. The best state. The biglest state.

6 Likes

Yeah I see what you mean, it does seem coincidental. You’d think they’d gameplan this shit beforehand though. Like, “Hey, when we go down the stairs this time, let’s hold hands…” I mean, they didn’t hold hands after she moved her hair.

She didn’t choose this role for herself, but you’d think her career as a model would have imbued her with a more consistent air of fake pleasure. She seems to really not be enjoying herself in the constant spotlight. I think she never expected to have to do this shit– it looks exhausting.

1 Like