Members to regulars?

Hey @mods, can you please make me “Supreme Master of Absolutely Nothing”?

Thanks,
awjt

4 Likes

I thought it did? Damn it, 47 seconds? REALLY???

1 Like

I thought it was suggested, but not implemented. I’d recommend you go read the thread, but, well, you know…

1 Like

Likes go up with trust;

2 Likes

Maybe I should go read that thread.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is really worried, curious maybe. Since it’s automatic and rather arbitrary I see it more like a video game “achievement”. Meaning not really something to particularly proud of, but at least shows you’ve cared enough to have been doing the thing for a while.

Also: Ocasional conversation piece. Possibly a good meditation focus (“am I using my time in this world wisely?”). Ultimately meaningless, but what isn’t really?

Veteran makes the most sense to me, as far as those things go. Leader is plain wrong and regular just reminds me of this:

2 Likes

I want the title I had when i was in school, that Silicon Valley unceremoniously stole: BigHead. it was mine first.

1 Like

I have never run out of likes. Clearly you lot need to be more funnier.

11 Likes

As soon as I started seeing people reach regular status I was kind of jealous, but after reading the requirements I was relieved! I was not about to commit to reading so much, I DO NOT have that kind of time.

I don’t know where it all went wrong, that I was reading the notification on a saturday should have been enough of a warning.

I think its not so much a prize but a head’s up that I gotta get out more. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown Y’all :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe you’re just stingy with the love?

6 Likes

Blatantly trolling for likes.

2 Likes

I know you are, but what am I?

3 Likes

You need this…

7 Likes

Just going to echo what the others have said, messaging via the flag dialog does not cast a flag and does not count against becoming a “Regular” super human mutant.

3 Likes

that’s what the “regular” trust label should be.

12 Likes

I’m wondering how ANYONE on this site doesn’t get flagged on a regular basis unless they are boring as hell.

I have my opinions, and they are based on education, but others dislike these…and they think theirs are as well. Its almost like you need to stay out of any controversial thread to not get flagged. And who wants that???

3 Likes

All you have to do is drink the kool-aide. Coincidentally, it’s on sale for the next 12 hours in the BoingBoing store.

8 Likes

Flagged.

8 Likes

exactly this.

I’m regular as hell around here, but obviously I’m not interested in the proper proportion of topics? I usually will read the entire thread of the topics whose threads I go to, even if I don’t comment. whatever. I’m good without the title. I’m following my interest and having fun with a nice community. either you recognize that or you don’t, but I don’t need an algorithm validating my participation.

5 Likes