Metal Gear Solid 3 remake announced

Originally published at: Metal Gear Solid 3 remake announced | Boing Boing

OK, so I haven’t played a MGS game in about 900 years, but what’s the deal with the headband? Is it that form-fitting or is it angry on behalf of the guy (His name is Snakey Snake Something, right?)

Batman’s cowl can have angry eyes because it’s a formed mask, but this is supposed to be a headband, right? I see the ends of it flapping behind his head. Maybe it’s some sort of armor plate for the forehead that happens to look angry.

Yeah, I’m going with that.

2 Likes

Fuck konami

3 Likes

There was some of that in the original MGS3 design. 2008’s MGS4 really cranked it up, though, and it’s been like that for every subsequent game. Maybe the Snake lineage (because it is multiple guys) just have really, really powerful forehead muscles?

2 Likes

My first thought too. It looks like it’s painted on (which fits with the camouflage mechanic of the game) but also has flaps coming out as though it’s made of cloth. What?

1 Like

He’s got powerful forehead abs

2 Likes

He’s so dedicated to being mysterious angry scary guy that he took the time to sew a gather in the front of his headband

ETA: I’m an amateur, @Grey_Devil has the canonical answer

2 Likes

How do you get a solid measurement of the delta of a Metal Gear? Also, who will Konami contract out the work to? TOSE employees get listed in opening credits, now.

It’s just a piece of cloth that sometimes give you infinite ammo. But that’s not Naked Snake’s best/worst headgear.

1 Like

Wait, are they remaking MGS4 or making it available digitally? I thought they were only doing the original trilogy. Given how 4 was made specifically for PS3 hardware, releasing the game on anything else requires either complete reprogramming or emulation.

I’m much more excited for MGS3, though. It’s the best in the series, hands down. One of the games I played that I was consistently excited to pick up each day.

1 Like

They haven’t confirmed MGS4 is getting a remaster, but it’s pretty heavily implied:

1 Like

I’m excited to see what they manage to do with 4, even if it’s my least favorite. It would be hilarious if they released a remastered Revengeance instead.

1 Like

Looks like MGS4 is not going to be included in this particular collection. Instead it’s going to be the first two Metal Gear games.

1 Like

As someone who has done contract work for Konami, I can assure you that they resolutely don’t give a shit about niceties like “giving credit for work done.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.