Michael Bond, creator of Paddington Bear, dies at 91

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/28/michael-bond-creator-of-paddi.html

2 Likes

Aw. I loved the Paddington shorts on PBS, and read a few of the books.

6 Likes

Me, giving Fate a hard Paddington-style stare, so as to cause Fate to feel quite flushed and uncomfortable.

8 Likes

If I had some marmalade, I would scoop out a portion in his honor.

3 Likes

I loved reading the Paddington books to my kids. R.W. Alley’s illustrations are wonderful too. We still enjoy informing each other that whatever the other is doing is “strictly prohibited” like that marmalade-sandwich-stealing jackstand in Paddington at the Zoo. RIP.

1 Like

Olga da Polga was also good.
[inserts marmalade sandwich in pocket, in honour of Mr Bond]

UPDATE: Someone keep an eye on David Attenborough.

2 Likes

I believe there will be marmalade on toasted crumpets this evening in Paddington’s honor.
I haz a sad.

Paddington Bear became popular around the mid-west (at least around me) when I was already in my mid-twenties and I have since failed to reproduce. That being said, I have rarely laughed so hard as when I listened to the Recorded Books’ editions of the Monsieur Pamplemousse series narrated by George Guidall. Sadly, as far as I can tell, they are now out of print…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.