Michelin three-star restaurant French Laundry serves mushroom soup from a bong

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/28/three-michelin-star-restaurant.html

5 Likes

6 Likes

Anything Thomas Keller does in the kitchen is wondrous magic. Out of the kitchen he is also an incredibly nice individual who I am grateful for having shared his passion for cooking with me and my kids

6 Likes

To which I respond, “why?”

Hopefully they’re not using bong water as a soup ingredient.

2 Likes

that’s actually some quality snark there. “oh, your critic says our soup looks like bong water? well then, we’ll serve him next time with a bong.”

6 Likes

How does one “blow” something with their “hand”?

6 Likes

When Anthony Bourdain went there for A Cook’s Tour, Thomas Keller made him a surprise desert from his two favorite things: coffee and cigarettes (mocha custard infused with tobacco leaf). The guy is like Willie Wonka in the kitchen and I hope to eat there someday.

7 Likes

We tried Keller’s French Laundry years ago and were horribly disappointed. I don’t think we rated “bong” status. I’m guessing that food critics and insiders have a totally different experience.

1 Like

No disrespect to Chef Keller…
…I think this is a little silly.

1 Like

Here’s an idea: instead of saying “My three stars puts me above criticism,” why not taste the soup and see if there is room for improvement?

Dude, this is the internet…

1 Like

Yeah, I been doin that since I was ten.

Farts with no odor don’t pass the smell test.

Literally.

tY5B4uS

4 Likes

Oh, well as long its a classy bong thats alright.

I you like this, you might like /r/WeWantPlates. One of my daily visits.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.