Michigan GOP introduces a bill to stop something they admit doesn't happen anyways

The performance holds more currency than the outcome.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Rudy Ghouliani.

1 Like

Is my empire a joke to be forgotten here?

1 Like

So, no MASH, ever? (Obviously aimed at Toledo’s Jamie Farr, the Glass City’s ambassador of military drag). Michigan’s obviously jealous of Ohio. https://media.giphy.com/media/JWTRODzYFf3pe/giphy-downsized-large.gif

1 Like

As a kid, I dressed up as Grandma for children’s story time (“And then the Doorbell Rang”). It’s pretty ridiculous that even something so simple could generate legal backlash these days.

At my childhood CofE church, both the Boys Brigade and Guides would do drag to perform bible stories. Strict gender segregation didn’t leave a lot of choice (The Nativity is hard to do without someone being Mary), and the Guides only had a few stories without male characters and didn’t want to be left with all the crappy roles by teaming up with the BB.

1 Like

Michigan GOP seem to think Drag Queens are more dangerous to kids than assault rifles?

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

4 Likes

And Shakespeare… “As you like it” has a women, Rosalind, retending to me a man, and then having that man pretending to be a woman. Of course, in a 17th century production, Rosalind would have been played by a boy… And there are other instances of cross-dressing in Shakepeare

This bill won’t become law, but will gift our Governor a lovely talking point about all the tax dollars Republicans waste in Lansing each session drafting bullshit legislation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.