Mickey Rooney gets plaque for his career playing women's soccer

Christ! I didn’t know this existed until now. That is truly frightening. How can an artist be so wrong, and so right.

1 Like

I thought it looked like Jimmy Carter, history’s greatest monster.

10 Likes

Honestly, I sensed no ranting.

4 Likes

I love Brandi Chastain. I was sad to read this story earlier today. I’m glad they are going to fix it.

1 Like
12 Likes

Truly the art of haut relief is dead.

Centuries from now, when the plaque needs to be cleaned and restored, they will defrost Monkey Jesus Lady from her cryogenic sleep…

3 Likes

Actually, I think the one on the right may also capture a certain truth.

Mickey Rooney got the plague from playing soccer???

4 Likes

I’m thinking it ot only looks like Mickey Rooney in Bill, but also rather constipated.

3 Likes

It’s always because someone knows “an artist” and insists they use their friend rather than calling up an art school and asking a teacher to recommend their best graduate.

1 Like

Or they just went with the lowest bidder.

Could be worse…

3 Likes

Can anyone photoshop her face to make it look like the plaque?

That really doesn’t happen often for art installations. Often times there is not even more than one “bidder”. Usually some city council pick someone, sometimes they screw it up so bad that a second and sometimes third artist is hired to fix it up.

It happens a lot with city murals. Probably because artists quit after they realize they can barely break even on paint or they are tired of the hassle of having changed demanded after they’ve already begun the work. At least with a mural we can kind of tolerate bad art because it’s better than the original beige painted brick wall.

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess ‘lowest bid’ for the project.

2 Likes

And sometimes, they just get it for free, as in the case of the Wichita, Ks. bronze street statues. Not as ugly as the Lucille Ball abomination, but definitely not a city favorite.

1 Like

No, but he probably had plaque on his teeth.

2 Likes

Finally someone agrees with me… Jimmy Carter IS history’s greatest monster. :yum:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.