Microdosing LSD may be fun, but a new study shows it fails to deliver on those cognitive benefits

Originally published at: Microdosing LSD may be fun, but a new study shows it fails to deliver on those cognitive benefits | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Funny Face Reaction GIF

17 Likes

Oops! That could explain some things.

5 Likes

I am assuming that the self reported anecdotal effects are the same sort of self delusion acknowledged by the old saying “Some of the best work I have ever had to redo, I did on speed”

10 Likes

“Write drunk, edit sober” implies there is a period of sobriety wherein one could edit.

14 Likes

Yes, that time is always “later”

4 Likes

Well I’m go’n see [hallucinate] this through to the end.

4 Likes

While I respect scientific research on the topic, at some point we need to accept that some drug is just for entertainment and habit. If I can’t produce shit while sober I sure as hell won’t produce shit while drunk/high/etc.

2 Likes

The very first time I did acid was a micro-dose, somewhat accidentally.

It did improve my mood, but I was never sure if that was just a placebo effect-- for all I knew that little tab of paper didn’t have anything on it besides a picture of Mickey Mouse. I certainly didn’t “trip” but I felt invigorated for several hours.

2 Likes

15 Likes

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

2 Likes

What these scienticians need, clearly, is to microdose some LSD. Then they’d produce more cheerful results. I mean, it’s obvious.

1 Like

Not terribly surprising but good to have genuine science being applied.

A drunk or stoned person self-reporting isn’t exactly sound data.

1 Like

I’d take this with a pinch of psycadelic. If you read the response the user’s where made to attend the five hour supervised drug session. So like the bouncing around the house getting shit with a new a vigour while the house plants smile at you aspect is completely negated. Not a particuly well designed study.

Anecdotally, Ms. Shiv and myself just finished a month of mushroom microdosing, and several months ago tried it with the old “Vitamin A”.

To be honest, I didn’t notice much. We both agreed our mood seemed better, but that could be placebo effect. Moreover, it’s the dead of winter, pandemic weather, and we’re spending all our time at home in sweats, so I can hardly even tell what’s normal anymore.

I also wonder if eating a lot of shrooms and acid back in my younger days tempered any benefits of microdosing. I’ve always believed that ingestion of psychedelic drugs changed my brain for the better.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.