Microplastics have been found in human blood for the first time ever

Originally published at: Microplastics have been found in human blood for the first time ever | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are”

4 Likes

13 Likes

Q. How long have you been looking?

A. Since yesterday.

6 Likes
5 Likes

What is it with these ‘doctors’ and ‘medical researchers’?? First they tell us that eating or inhaling a credit card a day is healthy, now we hear it’s not. Who are we supposed to believe?

2 Likes

NFW? Substances that we eat off, live in, clothe ourselves with, rub over our teeth and stick in on our ears can be found in trace amounts in our blood? Science never knew this before? Or science never called it “microplastics” before?
Cue more false panic about plastics. And McDonald’s wrapping its cheese slices in beeswax coated cardboard and everyone applauding and oh look even big companies are taking the environment seriously by chopping down trees and stealing insects’ property.

1 Like

It’s so boring right? Might as well just give up.

17 Likes

I mean, who cares if plastics are floating around in our blood stream, and we don’t know what the long-term effects are? I mean, gotta get that big mac, because life is short and who CARES about the consequences for the rest of humanity… /s

14 Likes

Personally, I prefer their McNuggets Happy Meal. Once you eat enough you can poop your own plastic toy.

21 Likes

It’s nature’s 3D printer!

19 Likes

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

One step closer to replicators!

8 Likes

Not sure about the “false” part of that. It is absolutely true that this is a relatively new area of inquiry, and once again WDKS applies, but preliminary data suggests that we may well have reason for concern. I never advocate panic, it leads to stupidity, but concern? Oh hell yes.

19 Likes

Bah! What are your facts compared to convenience of a fast food wrapper!?! /s

8 Likes

“average person eats a credit card’s worth of plastic each week” factoid actualy just statistical error. average person eats 0 credit cards per week. Credit-Cards Georg, who lives in cave & eats over 10,000 each day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted

12 Likes

SmithGif0

11 Likes

I just checked, and Yep it’s in there.

5 Likes

4 Likes

As foretold by Primus.

11 Likes