Microsoft CEO: don't worry, we're mostly helping the parts of ICE that don't involve kidnapping children

Big corporation does business with shitty government entity. Film at 11.

2 Likes

While I only worked commercial Azure support for a brief bit of time I imagine it is much the same. They host the VMs, databases, blobs of storage, etc and keep them up and running. You are not allowed to (even with customer permission) log in, look at data, etc. We could give them a how to or walk them through it but we did not interact directly with the customers environment. So who knows what evils they are hosting as long as nobody is caught.

1 Like

If anything would dissuade them; it might be the fact that IBM worked for nazis, and look where they ended up.

Nadella might be willing to do a lot of things; but end up like IBM probably isn’t high on his list.

1 Like

IBM did pretty well for 50+ years after WW2.
In fact, effectually working for the nazis in the occupied countries during WW2 gave them quite an edge over their competition in some places, which IBM was able to transform into market share after WW2.
Whatever Nadella’s “vision” for MS is, I doubt that it really reaches several decades into the future.
Besides, IBM may be just a hollow shell of its former self, but this hasn’t hurt the C-suite’s salaries and boni.
Depending on point of view (where are my MBA goggles) ending up like IBM would be considered as success by some.

Eh? I’m talking about contracts from the fed gov, not software licenses.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.