Microsoft reboots

Reference to the common refrain that ‘linux on teh desktop is going to be MAINSTREAM NEXT RELEASE’ that techies have been hearing for 10-15 years now.

Linux is certainly on a desktop, but the thing they’re talking about is Linux being on par to Win/OSX to the average user, which is a long running dream that has failed to materialize. (Not for lack of trying, and it certainly is better than before.)

Mozilla can mean two things: Mozilla foundation and Mozilla web browser.

Firefox OS is a steaming pile, and so is Internet Explorer.

Microsoft has a sales-force Mozilla foundation does not. When selling gadgets you kind of need it.

We’ll always have “The GIMP”!

Well, to be fair, Firefox OS did not prove to be a steaming pile, the hardware showed to be too limited for what was required.
Also, Firefox OS is all about the browser, so I thought it a humorous comparison to pit it against IE. Like, for humor.

Now you’re just messing with me, Microsoft sales force has been as effective at selling devices as Mozilla was at making this particular phone model.
(There are other Firefox OS phones out there, just nut sub 40 dollar phones)

But anyway, I’m mostly kidding, don’t take me too seriously, nobody else does! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.