Midwife fined $300K for giving fake vaccines to 1,500 children

Originally published at: Midwife fined $300K for giving fake vaccines to 1,500 children - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Talk about enabling bad behavior! Will the parents see any consequences for this illegal action? And given how many kids die of measles, I could see negligent homicide charges if any of those kids got sick.

10 Likes

It’s all fun and games until someone you care about gets polio.

Honestly these people need to be slapped.

11 Likes

A fine of $200 for each kid she lied about protecting doesn’t sound like enough punishment at all.

17 Likes

Those unfortunate kids.

8 Likes

Please tell me that she did not actually make more than 300k from this scam.

4 Likes

Yeah, it does seem awfully tame for attempted murder of hundreds and hundreds of children. Homeopathic justice, I guess.

6 Likes

evil in her resize

Marge Duh

3 Likes

She should be charged with 12,449 counts of assault.

10 Likes

The generation that knew people who had polio are all pro-vaccine fanatics, from what I can see.

It’s unfortunate if the only consequence to this lady will be a fine and losing her license.

2 Likes

She should go to prison for this. For quite a long time, in fact.

Also, if those parents paid her to fake their children’s vaccinations, said parents should be prosecuted for willfully endangering their kids.

6 Likes

There’s some thirteen thousand affected children here, not to mention the countless others that will be affected by the gaps in heard immunity. She should be preventing from practicing medicine in any capacity ever. I would argue that parents who knowingly requested fake vaccines need rehabilitation also. I’m totally fed up of being nice to idiots, fascists, bigots of all stripes. You are wrong, your ideas hurt others, they are completely unsupported by any form of evidence. Close your mouth, open your heart and think. Please.

9 Likes

I grew up near a large Amish community, and they don’t vax. Every few years, measles would rip through them and kill a few kids. Still didn’t change the minds of the antivaxxers in the area.

2 Likes

This is the key. She is a huckster and an asshat, without question, but the parents were seeking her out to avoid the vaccine mandates. These are the ones who are going to kill our kids.

fire trumps GIF

6 Likes

Or, as we know them, responsible adults. Let’s not parrot the antivaxxer talking points.

Vaccines cause adults.

8 Likes

Didn’t mean to. I include myself as a pro-vaccine fanatic. Their mechanism is understood and they work.

1 Like

A doctor friend posted this to his faceschnook…

DrJpostedthis

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.