Miles and Xeni on PBS NewsHour tonight

I’ve done this with patients with stroke and nerve damage, and a couple people found they could get previously stuck digits moving. Easy and cheap to make yourself.

My heart goes out to Miles.
His attitude is inspiring.

I love how Miles said on the interview that they’ve got attachments for cycling and flying etc, like Inspector Gadget! That curious and optimistic perspective towards life in general is very inspiring indeed! Best of luck during your recovery and new journeys!

2 Likes

hi Miles. I remember your work during the 9-11 situation - the most level-headed and best journalism of the lot, I thought at the time.
When I heard of your misfortune, I thought of Don Blas de Lezo - (3 February 1689 - 7 September 1741) " a gallant man who although incapacitated by leg and arm amputations, and the loss of one eye, saved a city against overwhelming odds." (although to be honest I have no idea if he were as great a fellow as yourself).
Please continue in your efforts to save us from ourselves,
xo
g

I was touched by Miles’ passion for his reporting many years ago when he was on the NASA and space science beat at CNN. I obviously don’t know him personally, but he really puts off the vibe of just an absolutely amazing, stellar guy. I’ll send some positive vibes in his and your direction, Xeni, as he goes through this difficult recovery process. The fact that he has the chutzpah to continue his reporting and life as a journalist so quickly is just, wow… amazingly inspirational. Much love.

You’re both in my thoughts.

After reading your account of the accident, I must say that you managed to stay very level-headed about it all. Since playing stringed instruments is a very important part of my life, I’m certain devastating depression would have slammed my life. My best to you and Xeni. You both are very brave people.

Miles and his co-anchor Soledad on CNN were my morning companions years ago, and I fell in love with him a little bit, from afar. How could you not? His intelligence and humor shone through, even behind the desk. I was tickled (and, sure, a smidge jealous) when the news came out that he and Xeni were together.

Two incredibly strong, resilient, brilliant people - I do hope you two can weather this new storm together, and come out the other side stronger yet.

Inspirational.!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.