Milo Yiannopoulos speech at UC Berkeley canceled after campus protests

The right of free speech ONLY means that the government can’t punish you.

It has nothing to do with people hating you for what you say, and people refusing to afford you the privilege of using their platforms and resources.

Just because you have a right to bear arms doesn’t mean you get a free gun, or that you are allowed into MY house with your gun.

Milo can have all the free speech he wants. He has no right to anyone else’s audience or microphone. And to argue that he shouldn’t be criticized on free speech grounds is the weakest argument ever. That’s like saying I can’t criticize the Catholic Church because freedom of religion. Or the KKK because of the right to free association. It’s fucking weak-sauce, and the only political party in the US that shows a strong interest in limiting free speech by using governmental power just had their president elected.

In short:

1. Milo is a douchebag with disgusting ideology
  2. Milo is an insufferable whiny shitweasel who basically says people should listen to him and like what he says because it's legal for him to talk.
  3. He's a hypocrite who belongs to a movement currently at work to dismantle the greatest exerciser of free speech in the US: the press.

Edited as I developed my rant.

66 Likes