Mind-boggling graph of Trump's business ties

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/01/mind-boggling-graph-of-trump.html

3 Likes

Just having a lot of business connections is not crony capitalism.

2 Likes

Doh. I thought this post was going to be about his line of neckwear.

17 Likes

I hate that Trump has turned me into someone who posts conspiracy theories on Facebook, but the part about the 19% sale of the Russian state oil company has really been bugging me. Please read and tell me I’m crazy. For reals, this is nuts and can’t possibly be true, right?

9 Likes

Anyone tried taking that dataset and cross-referencing it to the Panama Papers information? Certainly trump has to be in there somewhere, as well.

10 Likes

Nah, no conflicts here. Move along citizen.

4 Likes

The facts are pretty solid. We’ll see about the interpretation.

2 Likes

Here it is broken down to his neckwear:

6 Likes

Or the Goldman Sachs empire.

4 Likes

HFS that’s a great tool. Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

With so many business connections that means that the benefits will help all of the world’s citizens since we’re all connected to Trump somehow.

In other words, it’s trickle-down crony capitalism.

1 Like

yeah, its not like he’s appointing them to important roles in government.

what? He is?

2 Likes

I just wish they covered more companies. Unfortunately it was primarily the result of a single effort after the mortgage crisis and the team which did it has moved on to other things. Still pretty impressive though!

1 Like

He’s 6’2" and 270 pounds, and his neckties hang long. That is mindboggling.

1 Like

Well no wonder he refuses to sever his business associations – he doesn’t know how. Poor guy.

He has them specially made, to make up for other, um, deficiencies.

2 Likes

The long ties disguise the round belly.

I’m not obese. See - my regular length tie is still too long. How could it be, were I large of girth? 'Twould appear shortened, and hang merely to the middle, betwixt mine belt and solar plexus.

No, dear sir, I am not of that ilk. Mine tie doth beneath mine belt extend. 'Tis not a contemplated possibility for our cherished rounder brethren.

Nor is mine hair of the thinning. Nor mine hands minimalised.

Thou - thou art vain and desiring of constructing an apparition of mine person that doth mock and deride. Thou art cross-eyed and cross-brained, and uglier still.

Mine beauty is apparent to all who see. For I am like golden sunlight in a clearing in a copse, by a brook, glittering and babbling, freshening and cleansing.

Nay, knave, mine tie is not too long. Be gone.

Before I set mine enforcers upon thee.

Thou art fired.

8 Likes

Omg, that’s hilarious! :joy:

1 Like

It suddenly struck me that only Shakespeare came up with characters like Tzchrump. It fits!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.