Happy Putants

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/24/happy-putants.html

7 Likes

That’s disturbing, very.

7 Likes

I dunno, man, the hands in the last one look way too large.

17 Likes

I am not going to sleep well tonight.

2 Likes

Putin putin! Putin, putin putin putin putin. Putin putin putin? Putin putin putin putin!

5 Likes
11 Likes

26 Likes

My only regret is that I have but one like to give.

9 Likes

There’s a solution to that.

8 Likes

15 Likes

What little surprise will Putin have for Clinton, mmmmmm, right about Sept. I’d guess? More emails? Collusion on voter suppression? Polling places to close, ballot shortages to manufacture, provisional ballots to shred? Or will it be the biggy - tampering with the digital voting machines? mmmm, I wonder?

http://etch-production.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/posts/84/11/00/8411000000000000.gif

8 Likes

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-russia-connections

Over the last year there has been a recurrent refrain about the seeming bromance between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. More seriously, but relatedly, many believe Trump is an admirer and would-be emulator of Putin’s increasingly autocratic and illiberal rule. But there’s quite a bit more to the story. At a minimum, Trump appears to have a deep financial dependence on Russian money from persons close to Putin. And this is matched to a conspicuous solicitousness to Russian foreign policy interests where they come into conflict with US policies which go back decades through administrations of both parties. There is also something between a non-trivial and a substantial amount of evidence suggesting Putin-backed financial support for Trump or a non-tacit alliance between the two men.

Here’s where it gets more interesting. This is one of a handful of developments that tipped me from seeing all this as just a part of Trump’s larger shadiness to something more specific and ominous about the relationship between Putin and Trump. As TPM’s Tierney Sneed explained in this article, one of the most enduring dynamics of GOP conventions (there’s a comparable dynamic on the Dem side) is more mainstream nominees battling conservative activists over the party platform, with activists trying to check all the hardline ideological boxes and the nominees trying to soften most or all of those edges. This is one thing that made the Trump convention very different. The Trump Camp was totally indifferent to the platform. So party activists were able to write one of the most conservative platforms in history. Not with Trump’s backing but because he simply didn’t care. With one big exception: Trump’s team mobilized the nominee’s traditional mix of cajoling and strong-arming on one point: changing the party platform on assistance to Ukraine against Russian military operations in eastern Ukraine. For what it’s worth (and it’s not worth much) I am quite skeptical of most Republicans call for aggressively arming Ukraine to resist Russian aggression. But the single-mindedness of this focus on this one issue - in the context of total indifference to everything else in the platform - speaks volumes.

1 Like

1 Like

A squintched little Putin face embiggens the smallest hands.

7 Likes

Fake: hands are too big.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.