Mini horse steals child's hat during snow sled ride [VIDEO]

Originally published at: Mini horse steals child's hat during snow sled ride [VIDEO] | Boing Boing

5 Likes

damn horse thief

8 Likes

The mad Arab gelding school horse I usually rode in the 90s always tried to remove my cap after our lessons. He was great, V smart, and had V rare bloodlines.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Shetlands are assholes.

1 Like

Girl gets points for wearing a unicorn hat. Maybe Fred thought that funny thing sticking up (the horn) was a carrot?

3 Likes

Horse mouths are like hands:

3 Likes

If I was a smart horse, had top bloodlines, and had been gelded, I might take your hat too.

This place is just off Oxford Street. I passed it on the way to catching my bus. Maybe I will again one day. But I never went in; discretion being the better part of valour, etc.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 20.02.10

PS: smol poni is smol.

2 Likes

adventure time eyes GIF by hoppip

3 Likes

Another of their school horses would open his stall door some nights, then his girlfriend’s. He was a great big Irish Thoroughbred, and she was a V smol poni. :smiley: He’d open the feed room and they’d enjoy a romantic midnight snack together, then he’d torment his enemy, who was stuck in his stall. :wink:

5 Likes

Lovely story.
What little I know personally about my own dogs and the various horses in my life (not mine), I have seen these animals fully capable of higher order thinking. Especially so for social animals (packs, herds, troops).

There’s a movie script in there somewhere, waiting for a treatment and some development…

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be putting a padlock on the feed room. That happened to me once when I was horse-sitting a friend’s horses, and they broke into the feed room one afternoon. When the gelding of the group turned up lame shortly after, I was terrified he’d foundered (he had an abscess).

2 Likes

Yeah - I freaked out over that story, worrying that they’d colic or founder. The pair of them apparently didn’t overindulge…but the feed room locks were changed.

Poor you. :frowning: What an awful thing to happen while babysitting!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.