Minimalist tattoos drawn with one continuous line

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/19/minimalist-tattoos-drawn-with.html

2 Likes

Did anybody else try and follow the lines to make sure that each animal was a single continuous line?

3 Likes

For the un-tattooed: What this artist is doing is incredibly difficult. Smooth, perfect lines are not easy when drawing on paper that doesn’t react to rapid stabbing…

6 Likes

This is the first time I have ever seen tattoos that I would actually consider having on my body.

8 Likes

I did - to verify the single line but also to try to figure out how he did it.
Next, someone will turn this into performance art by ice-skating the designs. I hope.

3 Likes

Picasso used to do this:

6 Likes

4 Likes

But tattoo lines are comprised of dots! The only way to achieve a tattoo which isn’t discontinuous is to use a razor and fill with ink, which I suppose would not work so well.

Bingo! I was thinking this reminded me of something 100 years old, but I was thinking of Matisse. Dali did something similar, but on Dexedrine:

4 Likes

Here’s one for Jason.

I’m more of a sume-i fan myself but this is a brilliant application of minimalism to the strictures of tattoo art.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.