Mischievous baby elephant causes havoc inside home

[Read the post]

he has become something of a nuisance in the house. He grabs things off kitchen counters, knocks over plants, sticks spoons in his mouth, and pees on the floor.

Is it my drunk brother-in-law or a baby elephant? Tough to say.

17 Likes

That’s a lot of “baby”, if ya know what I mean.

3 Likes

That’s not a baby elephant. It’s just a really big housecat.

5 Likes

To be fair, if your sister married you you’d be a drunk too.

3 Likes

I apologize for the boring thought, but perhaps getting an elephant used to being inside wasn’t the smartest idea.

18 Likes

What, you’d want it freaking the hell out whenever it found itself indoors?

1 Like

“As the baby elephant has grown, he has become something of a nuisance in
the House. He grabs things off kitchen counters, knocks over plants,
sticks spoons in his mouth, and pees on the floor.”

But enough about Congressional Republicans…

HA!

9 Likes

Maybe he should be an outside elephant…

9 Likes

I wonder if he likes silver for the taste or because it’s shiny.

1 Like

"Yes, I’d like something like the Grand Pyrenees experience, but perhaps with a bit less hair. "

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s the same with Asian and African elephants but our young male isn’t much bigger than this guy and he just started puberty. He pretty much humps everything, or tries to, including his mother.

So she might want to consider getting rid of this guy pretty soon.

2 Likes

Nah, my housecat does far worse things on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Yeah, but nobody wants to talk about it, so everyone just pretends it’s not there.

29 Likes

You own an elephant?

1 Like

It’s too late now. It’s not like it’ll forget.

3 Likes

Where I work we own a medium sized herd of Asian elephants. I’m not a keeper but the keepers are mostly cool about limited animal encounters like VIPs get. Most of us who have worked there more than a couple of years have gotten to feed, touch, or even hold animals. My favorite was holding a bald eagle They really are large birds like the beak could easily rip out your entire throat but they weigh nothing. Even knowing birds don’t weigh much it was shocking at how little it weighed compared to my expectations.

No interactions with animals that are dangerous, although I think when we had lion cubs and caracal cubs some folks got to hold them but I don’t have first hand information on that.

10 Likes

He’s the elephant in the room.

1 Like

the elephant flap is larger than the door frame

1 Like

Lets see, a growing wild elephant that is determined to be in the house. He’s not housebroken, but with a little more growth will give a whole new meaning to that term.

Would a wild herd not adopt him if he’s weaned? I thought elephants were good that way.