"Miss AI" is the first-ever beauty pageant for AI-generated women

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/19/miss-ai-is-the-first-ever-beauty-pageant-for-ai-generated-women.html

6 Likes

I assume the weirdest and most disturbing hands will determine the winner.

20 Likes

Sesame Street What GIF by Muppet Wiki

13 Likes

ACG

20 Likes

I was just looking for books on women artists in various times and movements yesterday, nothing special I do that regularly, and instead I saw reams of “beautiful art nouveau women”, “beautiful pop art women” AI image books.

Which just reminded me to never use something that sells things to you as a search interface (I wasn’t using Amazon which has been that shit for a very long time).

Sorry for the derail but fuck AI misogyny.

19 Likes

This entire thing is disgusting. From concept to the way the “contestants” will be judged. Beauty contests are bad enough. We do not need to add the levels of misogyny AI brings to the table

20 Likes

Messed up to even refer to this as a beauty pageant. At best, it’s an advertising-focused art contest. I’m not sure what this tells us about the views on women held by the contest’s creator, but it can’t be good.

(as an aside: there’s an annual contest in my country for the best TV commercial, but are there similar awards for static or online advertisements?)

7 Likes

I was thinking it might be the one with 5 fingers on each hand, but this works, too… :wink:

8 Likes

Simultaneously pathetic and infuriating.

15 Likes

“We are not just an AI modeling agency, we are visionaries on a mission to redefine the world of influencers,” The Clueless says on its site. “Our goal is to transcend the conventional realm of modeling and lead the way in influencing, ushering in a new era characterized by authenticity, impact and deep meaning.”

(from the ad agency that created ‘aitana lopez’)

I suppose the total lack of authenticity, impact and meaning would still be characteristic.

10 Likes

Thanks. I hate it.

6 Likes

I mean, it tells us that they view women are objects, not people, and that we exist to be lusted over by men. :woman_shrugging: They are hardly the only ones.

13 Likes

Someone is intent on immanentizing the dead internet conspiracy theory?

4 Likes

That’s literally all it is, though? (I start trying to imagine what the results of this are going to be, and my mind immediately recoils in horror as I realize the kind of white supremacist incel wank material this is going to generate…)

Gods, this is making me want to run my own “AI beauty pageant.” Of course, the only way it’s not completely grotesque is if the images generated are intended to look absolutely nothing like human beings - at all - and the responses to the question portion are the most entertainingly absurd LLM-generated word salad. It’s also the only way the premise of “AI beauty pageant” makes sense, as well.

6 Likes

Brought to you by Kleenex

2 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

This would have worked about three weeks ago. Couldn’t they have waiting for next year’s April Fool’s Day?

2 Likes

My baby sister once told me of this one fellow she dated for a short time. He was disturbingly into the Sally character from The Nightmare Before Christmas. And the inordinate interest some guys have for female anime characters… something that should go without saying.

2 Likes

I think this is fine as long as the judges are AI and only AI bots view the entries and results.

2 Likes

What? No thumbs! /s

2 Likes