Missouri Rep. hears about today's shooting on live TV — and his response says it all (video)

I keep seeing 3 suspects where detained. 1 of them was restrained by multiple fans until officers took over. So I assume the other 2 were apprehended by the police.

In the video I’ve seen of he fan action, after they restrain him, the camera pans right, and we see several police detaining a different suspect. Camera goes back to the first suspect, and eventually a couple officers arrive from the left.

3 Likes

That caught my attention as well. I’m surprised that he said as much as he did considering that he knew nothing about what happened. If he knew that 22 people had been shot he probably wouldn’t have spent time talking about how nice Union Station is. He should have asked for details and expressed concern like any normal person would.

5 Likes

even in that telling, guns weren’t used to stop the killers with guns.

guns kill people, and do so with ease. to live freely, we need them well regulated.

5 Likes

We need to listen to the well-known woke spokespeople, Lynyrd Skynyrd, as they declaim on this subject!

Hand guns are made for killin’
They ain’t no good for nothin’ else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don’t we dump 'em, people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some old fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me?

9 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m British. Sarcasm is what we do. The lowest form of wit.

6 Likes

Yeah, his first thought was to give a long soliloquy about the history of Super Bowl wins for the Chiefs, and then came concern for the police having to do their job. Waited to see if he’d at least get to a basic “thoughts & prayers” but nope.

5 Likes

If this isn’t Depraved Indifference, I don’t know what is.

6 Likes

His lack of empathy or alarm is evidence to me of the sad and infuriating state of USian right wing politics: even expressing something as human as, “oh, no! I hope no one was killed,” is seen as “weak on the 2nd amendment.”
Smdh

7 Likes

Yes.

That said, I’m constantly surprised a lot more people aren’t getting killed. The laws in some states (Texas, Florida, for instance) positively encourage gun carrying and use in public. It sets up the chance of a kind of chain reaction where someone in an argument pulls a gun, someone else pulls theirs in self-defence, more people draw, someone opens fire in the spirit of stand your ground, bullets go everywhere. The police join in, someone decides the police are fake crisis actors working for the Taylor Swift-Biden conspiracy and opens up on them, and so on and on.

Most people have a bit more sense so it doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

No, not the lowest. That would be puns.

5 Likes

You are now dead to me!

5 Likes

Prop humor.

You thought prop humor was the lowest form.

Carrot Top What GIF by UFC

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.