The Orlando shooting, according to the Congressmen who took the most money from the NRA

[Read the post]

2 Likes

49 dead, brought to you by Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio).

7 Likes

Sometimes I hate the pedant that lives inside me. Or maybe it’s just a copy editor? Anyway: Dispersed? No, Disbursed. You could make a case for either, but do you really want to?

4 Likes

God. That’s my representative. I weep.

6 Likes

Christ, What an asshole.

3 Likes

ISIS?

I thought the stock answer was “it’s Obama’s fault”?

3 Likes

No, actually I think fault lies squarely with the asshole who decided to go into Pulse and start shooting a bunch of innocent people in pursuit of self-loathing/notoriety/hate. Everyone else is doing their best to push their own agendas as well-meaning or stupid as they might be.

Obama, who has no compunctions about secretly, repeatedly, un-Constitutionally drone-striking innocents halfway around the world - never misses out on a tragic opportunity to scold all of us and push for removing rights that he doesn’t agree with.

And this slipped by?
"… those who received the most from the NSA over their careers. "

Man, now even the spies are in on it?

1 Like

49 dead, brought to us my Omar Mateen, who was in Orlando and actually shot people, not really 1 of 435 representatives who lives in Ohio we don’t like the politics of.

So your response is “well… crazy people gonna crazy!” You can chose to be ignorant about allllll the other first-world countries that have this figured out better than us, but that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to.

Obama, who has no compunctions about secretly, repeatedly, un-Constitutionally drone-striking innocents halfway around the world - never misses out on a tragic opportunity to scold all of us and push for removing rights that he doesn’t agree with.

I despise the drone war, but this is pure whataboutism. “Mommmmm–Obama gets to use drones so why can’t we have unfettered access to military-grade firearms!?”

14 Likes

I can’t even go there with this fucking douche bag.

2 Likes

This manages to be my least favorite response. At least the assholes using this for political and financial gain are being mostly transparent about it, and not claiming some sort of shitty high road.

3 Likes

The Onion: ‘No Way to Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

16 Likes

“the very people who would defend themselves” – like the off-duty police officer working security who tried and failed to stop the atttacker? In this scenario, the “good guy with a gun” that I’ve heard people claim will stop all these types of incidents before they can start was outgunned.

13 Likes

NRA logic says that the off-duty cop should have been carrying more guns.

6 Likes

I can’t see Democrats credibly complaining about this anymore, sorry.

When, not if, HRC fails to address campaign finance reform during her presidency, I fully expect Democrats suddenly forget it was ever a priority. Just like they did with drone warfare and the PATRIOT Act.

By all means, point out how stupid his remarks are and how wrong he is, but we’ve officially stopped giving a fuck as a society about Congressional payola.

4 Likes

Nah. It’s just that malapropisms are more fun than typos.

There’s a whole lot of assholes in a whole lot of countries.

But only one developed country where those assholes have free access to assault rifles.

4 Likes

Citation needed. But still even if the killer was Muslim that doesn’t mean that Christians who’ve cited their faith as a reason for harming or denying rights of LGBT people should get to downplay their views in the wake of this tragedy, especially the ones who also happen to be elected officials.

2 Likes

It appears the new Inspector Gadget movie is going to show a LOT more violent take on the character than has ever been done! :grin:

6 Likes