The Orlando shooting, according to the Congressmen who took the most money from the NRA

Not to mention the police showed up while the security guy was in the firefight with the shooter - and they’re actually responsible for some of the deaths at the nightclub (because that’s what happens when gunfire is exchanged in places with crowds). Imagine the NRA’s dream of untrained shooters also trying to save the day and the resultant the death toll. Of course nightclubs don’t like patrons to come in with guns because they tend to shoot people…

Yeah, I don’t get the responses to this. The fact is, if you allow weapons like this - semiautomatic rifles that can hold 100 bullets - to be easily purchasable, some people, for whatever reason, can and will buy them to try to kill large numbers of people. That’s simply not debatable. The only question is whether the benefits of being able to buy and sell such weapons (because, um, you need to shoot a deer 95 times) outweighs the drawbacks (frequent, regular mass shootings).

9 Likes

It’s hard to believe how stupid some of these people are.

It’s also worrisome how Rep. Steve Chabot talks about himself in the third person like that.

1 Like

Well, if you want to compare apples and apples…

[1,065 people have died in mass shootings in the U.S. since Jan 1, 2013.] (Try to scroll through this graphic and you’ll understand America’s gun problem)

That’s about 3 people per million residents of the USA.

[China has about 1.4 billion people.] (China - Wikipedia) So, in order for mass knife attacks to be killing people at a 3 people/million rate, that would have to be a death toll of 4,000 people.

Do you have proof that anywhere near 4,000 people have died in mass knife attacks in China since the beginning of 2013?

I don’t know. How about you tell us, since you’re in the know?

9 Likes

I just heard about of Rep David Jolly who said he had a bill covering gun sale restrictions to fbi watch list suspects and due process for watch list suspects to be informed and challenged. Course, coming from him it sounds fine, so I’m thinking there’s a reason I haven’t heard of it anywhere else. Other from him being republican.

I’m pretty confident that the answer is “less than the number would be if everyone in Pakistan had a legal right to purchase bombs.”

8 Likes

It almost seems like the NRA is using violence, however indirectly, to achieve their political goals…

1 Like

And it’s also almost like the NRA’s corporate funders promote gun violence to achieve their profit goals…

4 Likes

If you use political action to enable and promote gun violence in order to achieve political goals, is that a form of terrorism by proxy?

Well, since that abstract noun has been electrified into life as the mortal enemy against which we have declared war, then yes, I suppose so.

1 Like

I’m no fan of war, but to an outside observer it’s pain to see that the NRA is an enemy to the United States.

4 Likes

Absolutely!

1 Like

[quote=“laynesk, post:7, topic:79987, full:true”]
No, actually I think fault lies squarely with the asshole who decided to go into Pulse and start shooting a bunch of innocent people…Obama, who has no compunctions about secretly, repeatedly, un-Constitutionally drone-striking innocents halfway around the world[/quote]
By your logic you can’t blame Obama for the drone strikes; the fault lies solely with the assholes piloting the drones.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.