Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

Right across the river from Cincinnati, in the heart of Klan country. Yeah, honestly, not surprising. This is an area that let the Klan put a stainless-steel propane-powered flaming cross up next to the big menorah in the town square at Christmas.

26 Likes

­

That wont happen here on BB, because doxxing is frowned upon and against the CoC… but it will happen, and I have no pity for them when it does.

Southwest Ohio isn’t ‘the south’; but many areas in the region are quite racist, so I understand the misconception.

16 Likes

I’m sure the Native guy in the pic above agrees.

4 Likes

I hope this follows those boys around for a long time–they deserve a lasting shame for it.

8 Likes

And isn’t it strange that on a field trip, there were no “responsible adults” to correct their behavior. Of course, I’m sure they don’t think it needs correction.

22 Likes

Nevertheless, he persisted.

23 Likes

I mean, it was their “march for life” after all, and that always means being an asshole, right? /s

18 Likes

I would classify Covington, Kentucky as SOUTHERN. And I am sure those from Covington KY would agree with that (I know this as I work with many folks from there as it is a large site for my employer).

5 Likes

They should go back where they came from, but Europe doesn’t want them!

9 Likes

What constitutes the South in those parts gets pretty nebulous, same thing with the Pennsylvania/Kentucky region. It’s pretty jarring to some one from Texas where it’s more like little lily pads around the city and a deep mix of different rural cultures including old Freedman settlements and old Hispanic settlements among the more expected rural whites. Totally a different experience over that way. Over here it seems like the concept of the “south” is a more pervasive thing we don’t necessarily even mind, but we sharply disagree on how the south should be going forward. The border between mid-west and east coast southerner feels more like checkerboards.

12 Likes

I put XXXXXs in the name you wrote. No doxxing, please and it is definitely not him.

18 Likes

You assume Catholic school kids are devout?

That’s one of the craziest parts—it’s not even like the Native American Elder was there to oppose the cause these assholes were supposedly marching for. Taunting a “pro choice” protester in this way wouldn’t have been acceptable either but it would have made a certain amount of sense. But this guy? For all they know he opposes abortion too.

This was just a bunch of racist assholes looking for any excuse to act like racist assholes.

48 Likes

That’s your prerogative, obviously; I grew up not too far away, in Northwest Ohio.

Real talk; around my way, the main distinction between Northern and Southern states comes down to “stayed with the Union” or ‘seceded from the Union.’

While both states do indeed have flaming bastions of racial animus and hateful bigotry, neither Ohio nor Kentucky ever seceded.

16 Likes

Yep. The school should come down on them hard. But I think it shows what sort of people the movement attracts and that it’s not as positive and in favor of Christian compassion for the weak as they like to portray.

21 Likes

Xtianist != Christian. Think prosperity gospel, anti-choice bullies, Falwell Sr. and Jr., Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, Bill Donohue and creeps like these kids.

20 Likes

Its becoming clearer and clearer, “elite” boys schools are ALWAYS toxic shitholes of entitlement, abuse, and general assholery. Catholic run ones, military academies, one percenter prep schools, ALL of them.

Call it the private school to fraternity to Supreme Court pipeline.

32 Likes

My understanding from a few rich kids I knew is that elite boys schools are places where rich families pay to have their problem kids taken off of their hands while saving face. The higher the price tag, the more likely a significant portion of the students have been kicked out or refused by other schools.

28 Likes

In the still image that shows up before playing the video, there’s a kid in the center background who looks so much like a mini-Trump it’s giving me the creeps.

7 Likes

People who know better but act badly anyway are one thing, but the ones I worry about are the kids like this who have probably only known Trump as president (because they were too young to pay attention for Obama), who grew up “shitposting” on 4chan or wherever, who have only socialized with others by talking trash on XBox chat. Can they be deprogrammed from being not just assholes but proud assholes, who mistakenly see this as a sign of strength rather than a failure?

18 Likes