Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/19/mob-of-young-maga-hat-wearers.html

6 Likes

I bet that young man’s parents are so proud.

I think his hat says "this hat hides my lobotomy scar "

41 Likes

WTF America… Oh wait I forgot who “we” elected.
Two steps forward one step back (or three steps back it feels like lately)

34 Likes

I really do try to hold out hope that young people will have the good sense to take the initiative and fix the messes that they’ve been saddled with. Stories like this one and this one and this one remind me that not all kids are as awesome as the Parkland students or the ones I know personally who are looking to make a positive difference.

While these grinning Xtianist MAGA thugs are members of Gen Z, Malcolm Harris’s quote from “Kids These Days” still applies broadly to young people:

If, as blockbuster audiences seem to both fear and relish, America is quickly headed for full-fledged dystopia, it will have gone through us Millenials first, and we will have become the first generation of true American fascists. On the other hand, were someone to push the American oligarchy off its ledge, the shove seems likely to come from this side of the generation gap, and we will have become the first generation of successful American revolutionaries. The stakes really are that high…

38 Likes

Yeah - a kid only knows what he or she has been taught. What an indictment of the parents and community.

42 Likes

At least the internet moves quickly.

63 Likes

I feel no pity for the dragging these assholes are about to get as people start identifying/doxxing them.

What disrespectful, cowardly little shits.

60 Likes
19 Likes

Some immigrants are bad hombres. :wink:

19 Likes

pfft they are white males they are the real victims. /s

Well good luck to them getting into a good university and having a career saying ‘do you want fries with that’

25 Likes

Here’s hoping that thumbnail comes up as the first search result whenever that young man applies for college. It’s not a good look.

ETA: I could chalk up the younger ones in the group not really understanding the problem with their behavior and going along with the older kids, but the 16-18 year-olds in this know what’s up and should be held accountable for their behavior.

28 Likes

It’s like even the younger, more tech savvy generation still doesn’t get it; this footage is now out there forever, and their shitty behavior will have unforeseen negative consequences.

How long before someone grabs a recent year book from that school and starts posting their names online?

38 Likes

Very quickly, or it’s been there for a while. Having claimed more than my fair share of Google Business listings for legit purposes, I suspect the name and address change is an inside job by some anonymous hero.

16 Likes

For some, the salvageable ones, I hope it leaves a burning moment of shame in memory that springs up whenever they’re tempted to listen to their inner racist.

29 Likes

Regarding the elder’s response:

“He did not break focus or move an inch for the entirety of the encounter.”

I sense a new RESIST poster coming on…

Bigoted%20Asshole%20is%20Smug

34 Likes

If they aren’t aware that being part of a mob mocking an individual by the time they’re a teenager, they should bear a bit of responsibility for that. It’s true that teens aren’t entirely in control of their emotions at that age, but FFS, if they don’t know that THIS kind of behavior is despicable and WRONG, then it’s partially on them, too.

55 Likes

Identify the pig-people and publish their names please.

4 Likes

Are these those good southern christian values like “respect your elders” in action?

24 Likes

Unfortunately because they are minors…not an acceptable thing.

4 Likes

They’re old enough to take some of the blame themselves, but yes…

21 Likes