Mob of young MAGA hat wearers surrounds Native American elder and mock him [UPDATED WITH NEW VIDEO]

… Until they pressure their high-school/college girlfriends to get one because party bros can’t be bothered with birth control.

10 Likes

WISHFUL THINKING ONLY, but man, I’d love to be the local orthodontist. Puttin’ those young gentlemen through some pain.

3 Likes

More like “Stop resisting, stop resisting… BAND BANG BANG”.

2 Likes

Yes, but will they be haunted with regret, or will they be the new Kavanaughs. I fear it’s the latter.

9 Likes

Bill Paxton captured it as Chet in “Weird Science”:

Here’s a quote these so-called Christians are unfamiliar with but that might give us some comfort whatever our religions or lack thereof:

“Evil may so shape events that Caesar will occupy a palace and Christ a cross, but that same Christ will rise up and split history into A.D. and B.C., so that even the life of Caesar must be dated by his name. Yes, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

16 Likes

Predicted right-wing pundit response: “they were honoring him by singing along and getting into the feel of the music!” (Yeah, right, because Trump supporters are known for their love of Native American culture.)

5 Likes

I guess somebody forgot to inform these clowns about the post charlottesville morons that all lost their jobs once they were publicly exposed for being hunks of human garbage.

There was one guy, not too far from where I live, who lost his hvac job because thousands of people kept calling his employer.

Seriously, this shit will haunt these kids forever.

16 Likes

I stand by my statement simply because

1 Like

he didn’t react to them, and volk like this expect a reaction. the world revolves around them after all /s. it just doesn’t compute that they can’t bully and goad people who look or act different than they do.

fwiw: it’s the same sort of abuse these kids were likely steeped in growing up. enforced uniformity to be part of the in-group.

14 Likes

Soon they’ll be able to like beer.

13 Likes

This is not a lone dickhead, this is the religious right.

15 Likes

half of those guys look like the best results of a machine learning library trained to draw Jerry O’Connell’s face (circa Jerry Maguire, don’t know what he looks like nowadays), and the other half looks like the worst results.

5 Likes

Wait…what they did was violent and threatening?

Ever been surrounded by a mob?

As far as comeuppance goes: Everybody standing there laid themselves open to a long spirit cleansing by drum & song & powerful intent. I expect the results to be longlasting for all, & painful for some. This is not a curse. Just an observation based on experience.

Bless those elders for standing their ground & taking the time to teach.

22 Likes

“Covington Catholic High School …within the Diocese of Covington…whose mission is to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially.”

(from their website)

8 Likes

It’s hard not to notice some similarities:

17 Likes

This is not equivalent in any way except the white dude bros are assholes in both.

Edit: since you added commentary to your post to clarify. Yes in the case of what you are posting…she is clearly in a threatened position. She is surrounded by 3 or 4 men and harassed.

The native american man in this case is not surrounded by a mob…he has multiple people from his own march backing him up as well as what I can only guess are perhaps neutral parties filming and photo taking. He is confronted. He is very disrespectfully mocked and treated poorly. But the click bait headline by BB is not accurate.

Your second comments I concur entirely with. The video you linked is not the same as the scenario this gentleman was unfortunately subjected to by a bunch of assholes.

2 Likes

Bend, baby, bend!

(But also, teaching people basic ethics is going to be a perennial human project, needing continuous renovation, because babies sure don’t arrive educated.)

7 Likes

I agree!!!

2 Likes

I bet they shared a beer with Brett & Squi while in DC.

11 Likes

No Trump yet?

“I think there is blame on both sides,” Trump said during a contentious back-and-forth with reporters

5 Likes