Modern-day Carry Nation singlehandedly destroys shelves of liquor

Originally published at: Modern-day Carrie Nation singlehandedly destroys shelves of liquor | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

38 Likes

giphy

29 Likes

Vintage Crown Royal ad circa 1980.

25 Likes

What a diabolical waste.

17 Likes

A understandable reaction to the Gray Report?

“The excessive consumption of alcohol is not appropriate in a professional workplace at any time,” Ms. Gray wrote, adding that government agencies needed “a clear and robust policy in place covering the consumption of alcohol in the workplace.” At one point during the debate, Mr. Johnson denied that he had drunk too much while on the job.

7 Likes

The liquor stores near me have empty shelves because of supply chain issues. There wouldn’t have been much to destroy except for the stuff nobody wants to drink.

10 Likes

The cut is likely to be sterile, at least with high enough proof liquor.

When headlines provide a value, it’s always the retail price instead of the store’s actual cost, isn’t it? Wondering how much their insurance will actually spend to replace that.

6 Likes

You break it, you buy it!

5 Likes

Isn’t this a ReBoing, or is this kind of thing occurring frequently enough that all the incidents appear to be the same?

ETA: Ah, yes. November 25th, 2020.

This also not new…

11 Likes

Dear Lord! Just as Dry January is ending. That monster!

10 Likes

Not gonna lie, that looks like a lot of fun.

10 Likes

I LOVE the sounds of smashing/breaking/shooting glass.

But, you have to it in a safe place and clean up afterwards. And make sure it is your glass!

9 Likes

I always try not to break bottles at the local recycling center, but someone apparently threw away a playground slide and now they use it as a bottle chute. Sometimes I give a little extra push. :wink:

7 Likes

But this is an impossible scenario, because as we all know Crown doesn’t break.

3 Likes

My dad had this plate that was supposed to be some unbreakable ceramic that he got when living in Alaska, and while he had dropped it a few times, he shattered when he was showing someone how it wouldn’t break if dropped.

oops.

11 Likes

No, dear Carrie would have had a hatchet! And she would have been loudly proclaiming why she was doing it. (I know she was batshit crazy but since getting sober I have a strange fondness for Carrie Nation).

8 Likes

That’s Carry (with a “y”) Nation.

And also this straight edge band (from my youth):

6 Likes

It din’t break, and it dented the bat.

3 Likes

Well he could have been like Garry Hoy who made the decidedly bad call of demonstrating how unbreakable the glass on a high rise was. Or wasn’t as the case may be.

3 Likes