Mom feared being beaten by United crew, so she didn't complain when her son's seat was given away

It was both. Hawaii was the original leaving point, which I missed. This leg was Houston to Boston.

$1K from Hawaii to Boston seems reasonable, though.

Yes it does, which I agreed with once someone pointed that out.

Houston to Boston was crazy high!

Yeah…we have a problem with this. The FAA wants infants in car seats on planes and has for a long time because they are not safe at all and endanger those around them when they are on laps, but people want those free tickets so it has been politically challenging to get that to become law. Thus, we still have the outdated rules that allow for lap infants and do not allow for any restraints (such as your baby carrier) that might interfere with the safety of the parent, poor kiddos are on their own because airlines and passengers want to save money. You can buy your infant their own seat and that is what is recommended by the FAA. Our country can be so backwards sometimes… As a side note, the alternative device mentioned below is in reference to the CARES harness, which I have used before with no complaints.

From their website:
Did you know that the safest place for your child on an airplane is in a government-approved child safety restraint system (CRS) or device, not on your lap? Your arms aren’t capable of holding your child securely, especially during unexpected turbulence.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) strongly urges you to secure your child in a CRS or device for the duration of your flight. It’s the smart and right thing to do so that everyone in your family arrives safely at your destination.

1 Like

So from United’s point of view, it’s campaign of intimidation is working. You only have to beat a few of them as an example, and then other passengers will be cowed into submission from that point onwards, without your having to actually beat them. Brilliant!

1 Like

Me too :slight_smile:

Mutual funds, index funds, hedge funds… you can’t just say “I want X shares of the S&P 500 fund, but without this one stock, so make me a custom S&P 499 fund” (unless maybe you’re super wealthy). If you have a 401k or retirement account, you might indirectly be a United shareholder and not even know it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.