Mortal Kombat 12 is a reboot of Mortal Kombat 1

Originally published at: Mortal Kombat 12 is a reboot of Mortal Kombat 1 | Boing Boing

1 Like

Toasty!

2 Likes

I’ve never really liked extreme, graphic violence in movies/shows. Yet, I’ve always had a soft spot for the obviously cartoonish, over-the-top violence of past MK versions, I think partly because the violent ridiculousness was always clearly far from realistic depictions of horrible events (at least in the versions I’ve played).

This one, though, I dunno…some of that was a bit too close to realistic, and past my comfort level.

3 Likes

Wow, I have heard some stories about people working on more recent Mortal Kombat installments who had some serious trauma from spending their entire working day worrying about how all that viscera moves when you rip someone’s spine out, and that trailer sure does make me see how that could happen. Goddamn.

5 Likes

TO the writer of the article

did you NOT see the trailer? the story CLEARLY continues from MK11.
newsflash: it is NOOOT a reboot. its a new ERA

TO the writer of the comment

did you NOT see the article? this point is CLEARLY mentioned.
newsflash: it is NOOOT a hard reset. its a continuation which JUSTIFIES a reboot

3 Likes

There are far better ways to get corrections, such as @ a moderator… But as @incredulousbadger said… you could also read the article… :woman_shrugging:

I don’t think a (perceived or even a real) mistake in the headline is something to have an angry, yelling meltdown over, though… There are far more important things happening in the world than a mistake about some pop culture…

1 Like

fans everywhere are yelling, “finish it!” and “get over here!”

( yeah, yeah, sure. it’s “finish him” but you work with what you’ve got )

1 Like

4 Likes

Liu Kang is most definitely not a Jackie Chan ripoff. He’s inspired by Bruce Lee.

2 Likes

*insert boomer meme here*

I wish they’d lay off the realism for the fatalities. I know that’s been a thing they’ve been doing since the last game but it’s really a bit too much in my opinion to not wanna hurl. I miss the old corny gore which was more camp than violence.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.