Let's all point and laugh at Mortal Kombat 4

Originally published at: Let's all point and laugh at Mortal Kombat 4 | Boing Boing

MK has an incredibly deep lore that goes waaaaay beyond what’s necessary for a fighting game. I urge anyone interested to sample the Mortal Podkast podcast (duh). It’s quite entertaining.

Okay, I respect that you like Street fighter more than Mortal Kombat, but at least have some decency and say why you don’t take it seriously, the story? I agree, it’s badly implemented, but what about the gameplay? Story isn’t everything, especially if we talk about fighting games (with some exceptions like the ones made by Arc System Works).
Also, a critic should be objective, I can say I don’t take Street fighter seriously because of the k.o sound or something that should be subjective and I’d be wrong even if that’s my own opinion, because I’m making a formal critic

1 Like

sexy the walking dead GIF

4 Likes

Amen brother. Amen.

1 Like

The MK movie was definitely better than the SF movie — not that it’s a high bar or anything.

But nothing can beat this one scene from the SF movie:

Which is perhaps one of the best villain retorts ever.

Chun-Li: It was twenty years ago. You hadn’t promoted yourself to general yet. You were just a petty drug lord. You and your gang of murderers gathered your small ounce of courage to raid across the border for food, weapons, slave labor…my father was the village magistrate. A simple man with a simple code: justice. He gathered the few people that he could to stand against you. You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero… at a thousand paces.
M. Bison: I’m sorry… I don’t remember any of it.
Chun-Li: You don’t remember?!
M. Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me… it was Tuesday.

3 Likes

It’s hard to go wrong with Raul Julia…

3 Likes

Right?

It’s such a terrible film and he was literally dying while it was filming, yet he did it anyway because his children were fans of the games.

What a mensch.

2 Likes

Chun-Li: Aha! If you don’t remember any of it then how did you know which day of the week it was without consulting a calendar?

Bison: Because… I… dammit, I’d been preparing that evil monologue since forever and you just ruined it. [Shoots Chun-Li in head]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.